Upgraded ARB and rear suspension- Cost benefit

Elephant999

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi

I’ve got a T28 (Jobl full conversion) and want a tow bar fitted. I also am looking to upgrade to H and R ARB’s to stop the wallow ( my husband takes the p*** when I let him drive which is not often!).

I will be mounting E bikes on the tow bar and keen to avoid the rear end sag. Like a lot of T6 owners, most of my money goes on this van! It’s never ending

So I’m thinking of T32 rear springs, upgraded shocks plus the ARBs. Anybody give me a rough ball park figure of how deep my pockets are going to have to be? I’m not interesting in lowering at all. It’s on original suspension and 16” tyres.

Thank you
Sharon

My T28 PV to Camper conversion has a towbar with e-bike and a road bike.....did 1000 miles around France last summer. Yes, there is bit of arse sag but it handles fine and we don't go fast and fling it in to corners. Currently, my money will be spent elsewhere....

My T28 PV to Camper conversion has a towbar with e-bike and a road bike.....did 1000 miles around France last summer. Yes, there is bit of arse sag but it handles fine and we don't go fast and fling it in to corners. Currently, my money will be spent elsewhere....
Thanks, that’s good to know.

I'm not sure if I've picked you up right but whatever changes you make to the suspension should be both front and rear. It would be a mistake to run different rated shocks and springs front and back and the ARB's must be fitted in pairs. Personally I'd look at Koni Active shocks with Eibach Comfort springs, these will lower it 30 or 40mm but the rears come with adjusters (like coilovers) so you can balance the front and rear height. If you were going travelling for a while and were going to be fully loaded you could adjust the rears to compensate and then readjust for normal day to day. The H&R ARB's are great to reduce body roll across the van.

I'm not sure if I've picked you up right but whatever changes you make to the suspension should be both front and rear. It would be a mistake to run different rated shocks and springs front and back and the ARB's must be fitted in pairs. Personally I'd look at Koni Active shocks with Eibach Comfort springs, these will lower it 30 or 40mm but the rears come with adjusters (like coilovers) so you can balance the front and rear height. If you were going travelling for a while and were going to be fully loaded you could adjust the rears to compensate and then readjust for normal day to day. The H&R ARB's are great to reduce body roll across the van.
Thank you. Definately will be replacing the ARB as a pair. Thanks for the advice.

I had h & r anti roll bars fitted to my t6.1 by CRS before Christmas and the improvement is massive. I'm on standard suspension with 255 55 r18 tyres on. Will be getting some koni shocks fitted soon by them. Highly recommended

Hi

I’ve got a T28 (Jobl full conversion) and want a tow bar fitted. I also am looking to upgrade to H and R ARB’s to stop the wallow ( my husband takes the p*** when I let him drive which is not often!).

I will be mounting E bikes on the tow bar and keen to avoid the rear end sag. Like a lot of T6 owners, most of my money goes on this van! It’s never ending

So I’m thinking of T32 rear springs, upgraded shocks plus the ARBs. Anybody give me a rough ball park figure of how deep my pockets are going to have to be? I’m not interesting in lowering at all. It’s on original suspension and 16” tyres.

Thank you
Sharon
A quick and easy fix for the rear sag is a set of T 32 springs . negligible cost ( Free here ) . we can adjust the height with spring distance spacers to get the camper sitting perfect .
A H&R upgrade ARB kit is approx £450.00 nowadays but i wouldnt recommend that route until you have proper shocks that can control them .

KONI Active shocks best money can buy, £795.00 incl vat with the rear levelled up it will be a delight ,

Are your pockets long enough H aha if so this really is the answer Sharon .

Feel free to call me for a full explanation 07469785932

Back