Thanks

So those supplied by Steve and Chillie are basically the same set ups or am I of the ball there
Chilli jams or Steve might correct me here but my belief is the give the same result drop wise.....40-70mm but the CRS ones are a proper Coilover in the way they have a threaded shock tube body and are stainless steel (no rust) with adjustable damping that can be done on the van.
Chilli jams ones are a koni shock with a coilover collar welded to it to do the same job.
Apologies if i have this wrong.

On the test drive conversation, if a customer is considering one of the coilover kits or springs that we offer we are lucky enough to run a few vans with the different set ups. If we don’t have one on site we have customers that frequently allow us to use their vans for a customer drive.
No matter how much you ask other people who had a specific Kit fitted, you will never know if it’s going to suit you personally until you drive it for yourself.
Frequently we have customers come down to try one kit and end up going for another as you can’t beat back to back test drives to actually feel the differences.
We spend a long time discussing a customers needs with their requirements and even driving their own vehicle with them to get a feel, before selecting the best option, the test drive just backs up what we’ve been discussing and helps finalise the decision.
This applies to everything we sell; wheels, brakes, interiors, sound systems, remaps etc we have it all on site so you can try before you buy and be 100% happy before spending.
We are all different in how we run our businesses, but for us demo vehicles are essential, and also allows us to showcase our work as well.
Good luck with your suspension hunt and if you wish to physically try anything please don’t hesitate to call, their is no obligation.

Thanks

So those supplied by Steve and Chillie are basically the same set ups or am I of the ball there
Quick comparison

CJV kit 40 to 70 mm KONI Special shortened shocks adjustable off the car. Sleeve over design Only T 30 and T 28 at moment
H&R/KONI 50 to 80 mm KONI Sport top adjustable shocks adjusted on car. Coil over design , fits all models .

Both these kits will drive well using the KONI damping technology and they sell at the same price .

Quick comparison

CJV kit 40 to 70 mm KONI Special shortened shocks adjustable off the car. Sleeve over design Only T 30 and T 28 at moment
H&R/KONI 50 to 80 mm KONI Sport top adjustable shocks adjusted on car. Coil over design , fits all models .
Both these kits will drive well using the KONI damping technology and they sell at the same price .

If they drive same it doesn’t matter surely if it’s a sleeve or not.
Or does it

What I commented on was
If it is a sleeve or not
Nothing todo with price

Andy

Last edited:
What I commented on was
If it is a sleaze or not
Nothing todo with price

Andy
no idea what you mean you asked , "drive well then " ?? I answered there isn't anything better even at more money < what is a sleaze ??

Quick comparison

Drive well

@CRS - money no object what suspension would you put on a Kombi or Caravelle with a modest lowering and say 18inch wheels?

Ok thanks
You say they don’t drive the same
In what way (drive well or not)
Why are sleeves a problem

@CRS - money no object what suspension would you put on a Kombi or Caravelle with a modest lowering and say 18inch wheels?
Modest lowering I would fit a KONI sport kit with H&R springs, 40 mm drop , Dampers tuned for the wheel size and weight and the H&R spring kit spec'd for the overall axle weight and mods . This isn't the most expensive kit, but for normal lowering 40 mm gives the best comfort results by far . Maintains plenty of travel on the shock which is a really important consideration for comfort , The handling is superb . Body roll , braking pitch all reduced and reduced road noise as a bonus .

I have the CRS supplied and fitted Koni coil overs, with H&R springs. It sits nice and the ride is brilliant.18” wheels. Way better than standard t32 vw kombi shocks and eibach sport line springs. Don’t get me wrong, that was ok. But the koni set up is brilliant. Highly recommend it. (T5 not T6. No difference really)

Steve we all have opinions wrong or right
Your taste isn’t same as mine possibly and many more people
How does your system work in different ways to overs on offer

Ok thanks
You say they don’t drive the same
In what way (drive well or not)
Why are sleeves a problem
Sleeves aren't a problem its just a cheaper way to achieve height adjustment . It was originally designed to put ride height adjustment on to cars with electronic shocks ,
Take a Van with DCC for example , many owners want to adjust ride height but not loose the Functionality of the DCC so companies like H&R , Eibach and KW make a sleeve over spring kit that can adjust height and fit over the standard DCC shocks . The B 14 kit simply took this concept as a base for their height adjustable kit. They are now doing it with KONI shocks on the Chilli kit and the KONI equipped kit will be more comfortable because of the type of damper !

None of the big names in suspension make a sleeve over kit , they usually make a proper threaded BODY coil over kit ?

Back