Surfrdan Attempts To Turn A Kombi Into A California Beach-ish

If you mean the lining, it's Explorias alternative to carpet (& twice the price!).
The furniture is in an Altofinia striped wood mix I believe.
The paneling that has removed the window void - that’s not just board, I take it?

The paneling that has removed the window void - that’s not just board, I take it?
It was (is) a panel van, but Exploria finished it like that to make the fitting of windows at some later stage a bit easier insofar as it won't affect the existing trim.
And yes, it does look/feel like just board. Trimmed, but board nonetheless.

It was (is) a panel van, but Exploria finished it like that to make the fitting of windows at some later stage a bit easier insofar as it won't affect the existing trim.
And yes, it does look/feel like just board. Trimmed, but board nonetheless.
Smart mate. Bet you’re pleased :)

View attachment 37912
I was also after a Beach type conversion for my TSi with no kitchen, a full width bed and some storage. This is the result (from Exploria) but without the 2-seat California bench (ordered). There is a fridge in the front storage unit and an inverter hidden in the middle one (outlet just behind the drivers seat). I favour the stealth camper approach, so have not fitted any side windows (but left the reveal for possible future fittment).
How much is a Beach? By the time I've paid for the California seats, and associated leather re-trim as well as the LPG conversion this will have cost over £60K.
Gosh, thats a bit mind blowing - no wonder my wife wont even look at it!
One of the reasons I bought a beach, adding parts to a Kombi costs .Mine cost over 40K seemed a liitle more cost effective

Just took delivery of a brand new Caravelle carpeted floor, plus another 1/2 floor to chop up to fill in the missing bits, a 3 seat bench and 2 new captains seats along with rails and steps and fixings. Hoping for a fitting date soon with Swanson's.

Waiting for a date for my Caravelle floor, leisure electrics and diesel heater to be fitted. Decided I might try and design a BEACHesque logo sticker for under the side windows. Tried to match the California font as closely as possible

WANNABEACH - too long
BEACHEAT - be a cheat, beach-cheat, beach-eat
TRAETH - Welsh for BEACH

arkitect-font-sticker.png

Just took delivery of a brand new Caravelle carpeted floor, plus another 1/2 floor to chop up to fill in the missing bits, a 3 seat bench and 2 new captains seats along with rails and steps and fixings. Hoping for a fitting date soon with Swanson's.

Can i ask where you bought rails seats etc as looking to have a similar setup, and approx costs?
did you fit rails yourself?

Back