Caravelle Seats Into A Kombi

Minemapper

T6 Pro
I've been on the hunt for a pair of the elusive (and apparently made of gold-plated unicorn poo, if Ebay is to be believed) Caravelle middle row swivel seats to install in my Kombi.

A pair have popped up for about a grand, and they look to be in decent nick. However, despite the initial advert saying they were included, the seller has now decided to keep the rails. So I'm looking at another 3-400 to get those, and then will need to factor in new flooring as well. To add to the fun, the seats are in the very far end of the country from me. All in, I'm probably looking at the best part of 2,000, by the time I factor in travel and install (to include moving the current 3-seat bench to the rear position).

All of which leads me to wonder if I shouldn't have bought a Caravelle in the first place.

Anyone else in the same boat? What did you do? Is it worth the hassle and is a grand still a good deal for two seats without rails?

Speak to Colin @VWVC Oxford T5

What he doesn’t know about Kombi and Caravelle conversions isn’t worth knowing. He’ll probably have all the parts you need in stock.

We can fit the rails etc for you, our latest demo has four Caravelle seats in it.

A very worthy upgrade and you’ll have a complete kombi interior to sell afterwards

Ok, forgetting the middle row for the moment. Once I have the triple in the third row position, can anyone tell me the measurements from the seat back to the tailgate?

Trying to work out how much room will be left.

Thanks.

Ok, forgetting the middle row for the moment. Once I have the triple in the third row position, can anyone tell me the measurements from the seat back to the tailgate?

Trying to work out how much room will be left.

Thanks.
42cm fella from back of bench to the tailgate, that’s with the bench fully back on the rails.

Thanks. That’s a Caravelle seat on rails, right?

Does anyone have a Kombi style triple seat in the third row position? Is it the same distance?

Reactions: .50
Thanks. That’s a Caravelle seat on rails, right?

Does anyone have a Kombi style triple seat in the third row position? Is it the same distance?

I've fitted a centre single in the third row of my swb kombi. ( used the factory positions in the floor rails for the brackets).

Can measure if yoy like?.

Back