Agreed, paddles will just work automatically

What model van do you have ?
I wonder if it didnt have a MFSW originally and this is a not quite successful retrofit or a mismatched van/wheel/paddle setup ??

Is this wheel with DSG paddles still available?
can anyone confirm just how the DSG paddles work? our T6.1 Transporter has the same steering wheel but no DSG paddles. Do the paddles simply duplicate the DSG gear lever switches? Is it correct that we don’t need to re-programme anything to get the DSG paddles to work, if we have the same wheel already (except for the DSG paddles?)
Thanks in advance…
David.

on my T6 they just worked - period
but i think you must already have to have the Multi function steering wheel

Is this wheel with DSG paddles still available?
can anyone confirm just how the DSG paddles work? our T6.1 Transporter has the same steering wheel but no DSG paddles. Do the paddles simply duplicate the DSG gear lever switches? Is it correct that we don’t need to re-programme anything to get the DSG paddles to work, if we have the same wheel already (except for the DSG paddles?)
Thanks in advance…
David.

That's correct, if you have the MFSW already no programming is required.

When driving in auto you can just press a paddle and it goes into manual mode. You can then either go back in to auto mode by holding the up paddle for 3 seconds or if you stay in the same gear for approximately 1 minute it will go back into auto itself

Cool, thanks. we have the MFSW, without paddles. So it sounds like the paddles just send the same signal that he gear lever sends.
I guess I’m going to have to take a punt and hope it works, seeings how VW don’t seem to want us to know this, or offer the wheel as an option. Our dealer didn’t believe me (2 years ago when I told him I wanted to do this.)
Thanks guys.

So this raises another question I hope someone here can help with, because I remember people were recommending an online store that sold steering wheels.
Can anyone confirm that “magdatom-car2“ is a legitimate seller on eBay? They say they can ship to Australia, so hopefully EBay will help if the wheel never makes it here.
Thanks again,
David..

Has anyone had their OEM wheel professionally retrimmed? I have a bog standard t6 wheel and tempted to get it nicely trimmed. Any recommendations of a company to do that or better to do custom wheel. The rest of my interior looks so nice and the wheel is letting the side down!

Try Royal Steering wheels... I've not used them personally but remember hearing them mentioned lots on some other forums with good reviews.

From what i could tell the looms on the back of bags are the same but with different wiring to suit the controls on the wheel/model you have. As i have said i just swapped the loom from mine to the new air bag (round type) and all worked good. On right GTI round air bag, left T6 shaped air bag. Loom just un-clipped and transferred across.
View attachment 6704
Do you know if you can just buy a golf airbag cover and put that on the T6 air bag? Or are the squibs different?

Here's a little pic of mine fitted up, Really is a 10 minute straight swap job if you can get your hands on the correct wheel :thumbsup:

View attachment 12299
A bit behind the times asking this but if the left side buttons are the same layout as the t6 ones with the CNL none acc will the buttons just work as before or is there coding?

I've got a mk7 Golf Gti TCR steering wheel i purchased it to fit to my golf gti. But as i am now selling the golf i wont be using it. I have been considering fitting it to my T6 but its a breadline model van with no MFSW and the thought of having all those buttons on the wheel and none doing anythng seems a waste.
Shame they dont do nice wheels without the mf capabilities. Might try and find a highline wheel and get it retrinmed.

20230811_151000.jpg

Has anyone had their OEM wheel professionally retrimmed? I have a bog standard t6 wheel and tempted to get it nicely trimmed. Any recommendations of a company to do that or better to do custom wheel. The rest of my interior looks so nice and the wheel is letting the side down!
Give Chris @Dav-Tec a shout on here as he did mine for me.

Beefed up bolsters with super soft leather and purple stitching.

CEA22D51-B5B5-4D64-B8D8-EFB24F0DA282.jpeg

Back