Steering Wheel is off centre

A line in Dudley??
If so they did mine and it's absolutely perfect. Seemed very knowledgeable in 4motion and t6 in particular.
I've taken all my vehicles there from new and you'd be suprised how off the settings are after leaving the factory.

Do you mean you've got standard factory wheels and suspension or you've had them changed ??

The van was new from raceline. It's a 204 dsg kombi. It came lowered 50mm with 21 inch alloys.
I've modded many cars and van and never had a issue.

The van was new from raceline. It's a 204 dsg kombi. It came lowered 50mm with 21 inch alloys.
I've modded many cars and van and never had a issue.

Has anyone solved this issue because after reading this thread I'm constantly looking at my slightly to the right steering wheel and letting go of the steering wheel to watch my van go left?

@BognorMotors can you shed any light on this?

I've had no fix yet. I've even tweaked it myself , so the steering wheel is to the left and it still pulls to the left. I marked the toe points so I could put it back to the settings of my last alignment. I've drove this weekend to lake District then off to Scotland and it's still to the right and pulls left. Don't happen if I drive Mrs car . When I get back I'm going to vw. My vivaro never did this .

I've had no fix yet. I've even tweaked it myself , so the steering wheel is to the left and it still pulls to the left. I marked the toe points so I could put it back to the settings of my last alignment. I've drove this weekend to lake District then off to Scotland and it's still to the right and pulls left. Don't happen if I drive Mrs car . When I get back I'm going to vw. My vivaro never did this .

ok...keep me informed and hopefully it's an easy fix

mine pulls slightly to the left. has done from new.....and it's bog standard. I put it down to camber???

The local VW garage also had a stubborn left pulling van (LHD). After two alignment tries and wheel swapping without success they loosened all the joints and fixings and thus in principle reassembled/realigned everything. So eventually the problem was solved and both the technician and the owner are happy now. But as you might guess, there had been charged visits to garage before the resolution.

The local VW garage also had a stubborn left pulling van (LHD). After two alignment tries and wheel swapping without success they loosened all the joints and fixings and thus in principle reassembled/realigned everything. So eventually the problem was solved and both the technician and the owner are happy now. But as you might guess, there had been charged visits to garage before the resolution.
was this on a lowered van?

Theres a video on youtube under my vw t6 has a serious problem. Some guy driving the motorway . Brand new t6 showing the same issue . There as also been another thread on here with the same problem

Theres a video on youtube under my vw t6 has a serious problem. Some guy driving the motorway . Brand new t6 showing the same issue . There as also been another thread on here with the same problem

Cheers, do you know where the other thread is?

Update , spoke to vw. There answer can't do anything unless the van is standard. Asked the guy I spoke to a few questions and he said I would need to speak to an suspension expert . So basically the vw machanics don't know 5hit.
I didn't ask them to do it for free, I just want an answer. Since then I've test drove a bog standard VW and it pulled to the left . I wish my vivaro had the same power as my 204 as it drove a lot better and didn't understeer at all , felt more stable round the bends . Seems to me another cover up by VW. Aka emissions

For me, if you’ve bought the van from customvanz, and paid good money for it, it’s for them to sort the problem out surely ??

Yep your right . But what's the answer if all t6 's pull to the left? Which from my findings they do . Brick yard forum. Same problem. Other forums same problem. VW guy didn't even know if you could adjust the camber so there's a good start .
I think it's just a fob off .

Totally get what your saying, but it’s not all T6, I’ve done 65000 miles in mine, on 20” customvanz wheels and never had it pull to the side, I know that they come at a premium and it sounds like you are already out of pocket trying to sort the problem yourself, when it’s down to the seller to fix the problem, its got to be right or if not, made right.
Hope you get it sorted.

Mine pulls to the left if I take my hands off, as did my T5, and my car. In fact to be honest I’d always assumed it was a safety thing to make it pull in if you had a heart attack or something like that, but I don’t know why I thought that.

Back