Steering rack on the way out?

Did you ever resolve this as I have something very similar going on? Thanks

In the end I had the drop links replaced, arb bushes and gearbox mount. Something in that made it significantly better. What are you suffering?

In the end I had the drop links replaced, arb bushes and gearbox mount. Something in that made it significantly better. What are you suffering?
Dreadful knocks over bumps and clunks when turning steering wheel

Dreadful knocks over bumps and clunks when turning steering wheel

I would start with drop links as they are not expensive. Maybe do the arb bushings and brackets also. See what that does. Then look at control arm bushings and ball joints.

Just following up with some advice! Don’t buy after market engine or gearbox mounts!

I replaced the gearbox mount with a meyle mount after getting the flywheel done. To my astonishment The ride was resolved for about 6 weeks and then the van regressed. I was feeling gearbox vibrations and engine vibrations through the cab and steering wheel. The rough ride was back. I was thinking the van is cursed!!!! But I sat down and thought……so I swapped the meyle mount for the genuine one. Started it up and and could tell the difference in vibration levels already. Took it for a test drive and felt smooth over the roads again. I was shocked how bad the meyle mount was comparing them. Felt lighter and the rubber was much softer.

Lesson learnt there!

Reactions: CJW
Back