Rear wheel poke

Mrtints

VCDS User | Camper Conversions
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evebing

Right, short story,
Had some Leighton wheels 10” on the rear everything looked bang on in terms of poke on rear

Now, fitted rolls Royce wheels, rear poly bushes and h and r cloilovers

Didn’t really pay much attention but after not being able to have the van drive straight (pulls to left) done some investigation.

Fitted adjustable rear bushes, had it aligned. Seen print out - absolutely smack on.
Steering wheel straight

Drive down road, steering wheel straight van pulls left, turn steering wheel to about 1 o clock and drives straight, let go pulls left immediately

Looked at rear wheel poke and passenger side sits in 10mm more than drivers in other words it’s as if drivers side has a 10mm spacer on.

note, it is obviously something with the bushes, and yes fitted correct way around. But it’s driving me mad!

I'm sure that I've seen a thread before which mentioned how some vans had similar issues with the front wheels. Almost as though they came from the factory like it. I don't think it was 10 mm though.
Out of interest, does it still pull to the left if you drive on the right (over the centre of the camber in the road)?

I'm sure that I've seen a thread before which mentioned how some vans had similar issues with the front wheels. Almost as though they came from the factory like it. I don't think it was 10 mm though.
Out of interest, does it still pull to the left if you drive on the right (over the centre of the camber in the road)?
Hi bud yes it does

Just a thought and maybe i'm way off but i know Rolls Royce wheels come in 2 widths. Have you checked they are the same width ?

I have mate yes. Both the same.
Is this van a T32 by any chance ?? If so it might be a camber adjustment needed ( and before some one says camber isn't adjustable there is a minute adjustment in the camber bolts ) you may also have a sub frame not sitting centrally in the chassis , we have seen this a lot . with standard wheels you will never notice this but the minute the wheels are close to the wheel arch ( Flush ) its very noticeable

Is this van a T32 by any chance ?? If so it might be a camber adjustment needed ( and before some one says camber isn't adjustable there is a minute adjustment in the camber bolts ) you may also have a sub frame not sitting centrally in the chassis , we have seen this a lot . with standard wheels you will never notice this but the minute the wheels are close to the wheel arch ( Flush ) its very noticeable
ill call you tomorrow Steve.

Back