Alan Croft

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hey guys,

So would like a bit more from the vans sound system. Mine is a 2016 Kombi with the standard satnav headunit. I want to keep this as it does what I want but I would like a little bit more sound quality. Without spending £££’s is there a route that people have done? I’ve been keeping an eye out on various sites as there sometimes is some decent stuff going 2nd hand as people trade up to the higher end systems. I’ve been doing a bit of digging in the ICE section of the forum and there are some good threads on there so am already thinking of sound deadening the doors etc as part of this. Any advice most welcome (even if it is “leave it for now till you can get absolut5 on the case or skipton” lol). Cheers all:thumbsup:

I bought the budget speaker upgrade from Skipton and one of the speakers failed after a couple of months.A blessing in disguise because they were poor.

In the end I fitted the Absolut5 signature upgrade that Jason tweaked for me by myself,the difference is like chalk and cheese

I've had the focal door speaker and tweeter upgrade with sound deadening in the doors from skipton.The difference over the oem stuff is like night and day.Pete and his team are really helpful and know their stuff. Cant fault em.

So both of these just replaces the oem door speakers and tweaters? Have you fitted a sub as well or is that not necessary yet?? Ta

I've not had a sub fitted as i feel theres no need but thats just me. A sub and amp can be fitted at a later date.£220 for what i had done and im impressed with the sound for pound!.

I was looking to go down the same route and do a 'cheap' upgrade. In the end I managed to sell a few more of my old defender bits I had lying around and got enough together to get the Eton set from Absolut5, really pleased with the results. Easy to fit as well, just plug and play, sound is night and day compared to the OEM ones.

I was looking to go down the same route and do a 'cheap' upgrade. In the end I managed to sell a few more of my old defender bits I had lying around and got enough together to get the Eton set from Absolut5, really pleased with the results. Easy to fit as well, just plug and play, sound is night and day compared to the OEM ones.
Was it just the speakers of do you need a loom? Did you sound deaden the doors?

Was it just the speakers of do you need a loom? Did you sound deaden the doors?
just the speakers, everything hooks into existing loom and yep sound deadened the doors and the back of the door cards before they went back on.

I bought the budget speaker upgrade from Skipton and one of the speakers failed after a couple of months.
A blessing in disguise because they were poor.
Was this the Phoenix Gold brand?

We do a few easy to fit plug and play setups, from the French company Blam, super effiecent so designed to run off headunit power,

Audison and the very popular Eton kit

Of those three which would you recommend for just a speaker upgrade?
With the future proof ness to add an amp?

I've just been doing some research on speaker upgrades and dynomatting the doorcards and found these speaker cones. Anyone use them? Are they worth doing?

Lautsprecherdichtringe VW T6

Just replied to your message. I did use these, cause they were shown on the install the guy does on YouTube, you can buy from VW dealers, I think I paid around £24 for the pair, although I get a bit of discount depending on who serves me as I used to work for them.

Of those three which would you recommend for just a speaker upgrade?
With the future proof ness to add an amp?

The Blam 165rs are super Efficient with2ohm voice coils and 93db sensitive and great value for money,

The Audison AP8 , Focal isu200 and Blam 200rs are all very similar having 8” door woofers and all really need a amp to drive them from the start

Eton Vw T6 kit, again 8” door woofers, manufactured plug and play 3ohm voice coils and 89db sensitive can run without a amp but a amp will improve them

When looking at speakers, the wattage is not the most important thing, also make sure the supplier puts the spec up, ie sensitively and speaker impedance, if they don’t then either they don’t know or don’t want you to know,

All of them can be amped later

So for future proofing and possible upgrade to add and amp/subwoofer eventually when funds become spare again lol which is probably the best value/longevity wise whilst keeping the oem head unit? Am assuming each goes up a chunk in price?? Ta Also for “normal” use rather than full on high volume etc mainly am after really nice sound clarity across the range :thumbsup: obviously my moon on a stick might have to wait :rofl:

So for future proofing and possible upgrade to add and amp/subwoofer eventually when funds become spare again lol which is probably the best value/longevity wise whilst keeping the oem head unit? Am assuming each goes up a chunk in price?? Ta Also for “normal” use rather than full on high volume etc mainly am after really nice sound clarity across the range :thumbsup: obviously my moon on a stick might have to wait :rofl:

I say Blam or Eton

The others will need a amp from the offset really

Back