Our T6 Kombi N/S sliding window leaked after 6 months, the dealer replaced it. They loaned us a brand new one whilst they carried out the work, both sides leaked!
The replacement hasn't leaked since, however after warranty ran out the O/S window started to leak. After careful examination I decided to take out the slider glass, to see where the drain holes were. There's actually 3 of them, 2 slots and one circular hole which you can actually see without removing the glass as it is at the front end of the plastic trim.
To stop the leak I did the following: Remove the glass (very carefully), clean all of the rubber seals with soapy water. Using a very thin piece of plastic (not metal as you can scratch the paintwork) clear out the 2 slots as they get clogged with debris preventing any water that gets in through the seals from draining out. Next use a syringe filled with water to purge the round hole in the drainage channel. You will be surprised how much debris comes out! Carefully replace the glass and the jobs done. This should last at least 2 years.
One other thing, if you can park so that the van is nose down any leaks will drain down the plastic trim to the circular hole. If you park nose up water doesn't run uphill.
Hope this helps.

It’s a huge issue and it always has been, why VW can’t address it I’ve no idea, on the basis mine never got opened I went for solid glass panels and binned the oem leaking windows, VW would never have solved the issue from stories in heard, so it was cheaper for me to go the route I did!
I’ll take it in once to see what they do. If all fails which I’m thinking it’s going too I’ll bite the bullet and fit solid windows. I don’t open mine.
Any recommendations and companies who you can trust to fit them? I’m in South Wales

I found a local chap who does van VW camper conversions and the glass he supplied but I think was from camper glass / transporter hq - didn’t cost much to have him swap them out

I’ve had the vehicle 8 days!!
Only 8 months old with 6k on the clock. I knew it would happen but didn’t expect it this quick. Booked in with my VW dealer, see what they got to say about it.
I’m on my second set of sliding windows, both sides. T6.1 new design. Still no cure. The water travels down the small gap where the rail is bonded to the glass and almost always happens when the van is parked facing uphill.
So looking at your photos it is identical to what I am seeing on my van.

Back