That is a SWEET job!! I don't suppose you filmed or photographed how you ran the ducting, what ducting you used and how you created the side vents?
The ducting and vents went in when I had the roof installed, so it wasn't me personally, that did this part of the build. However, when I've gone on to run some wiring and fit the rear overhead locker, I was able to see how it's been done. Two duct tubes run from from the top or the rear heater box up the rear right D pillar. One then heads forward along the roof to the right overhead vent. The seconds goes across the roof just in front of the tailgate before heading along the left hand side. Its a bit tight though as a thick wiring loom runs along the side of the roof too. Here's a pic of the components and where to source them. Just double check your outlets to ensure you get the correct diameter ducting. There is a low level outlet from the heater box for floor heating too. Sorry, I don't have any photo's of the ducting in place.

20190224_212130.jpg

This photo shows the location of the roof vents. The black squares you can see just forward of the C pillars.

If you have 3 zone climatronic, worth noting the rear control panel needs to be plugged into its connector on the loom. If its left unplugged you lose control of the rear heater box from the heater controls in the cab.
My rear heater controller is now fitted to a side panel with an extension made to the wiring loom. However you could leave it plugged in but hidden somewhere if need be. May also be possible to put a jumper across two pins on the connector, to fool the heater controller into thinking the rear controller is plugged in. However, I haven't tried this in practice. So I stress 'may' be possible.

20181009_121745.jpg

The ducting and vents went in when I had the roof installed, so it wasn't me personally, that did this part of the build. However, when I've gone on to run some wiring and fit the rear overhead locker, I was able to see how it's been done. Two duct tubes run from from the top or the rear heater box up the rear right D pillar. One then heads forward along the roof to the right overhead vent. The seconds goes across the roof just in front of the tailgate before heading along the left hand side. Its a bit tight though as a thick wiring loom runs along the side of the roof too. Here's a pic of the components and where to source them. Just double check your outlets to ensure you get the correct diameter ducting. There is a low level outlet from the heater box for floor heating too. Sorry, I don't have any photo's of the ducting in place.

View attachment 95576
Thanks for that, that makes a lot of sense :thumbsup:
If you don't mind; I might have to pick your brain some more once I get into it? Cheers.

I'd like to echo others in thanking Diesel donkey for giving us lots to think about. I'm really considering buying an SE Shuttle next week, awaiting AA report, and am grateful for the information you have shared.

One question I don't see answered here,

Who did you get to fit your pop top please? I've tried two local firms in Scotland, Vanguard and Jerba, and both refuse to quote for a poptop on a Shuttle.

Many thanks.

One question I don't see answered here,

Who did you get to fit your pop top please? I've tried two local firms in Scotland, Vanguard and Jerba, and both refuse to quote for a poptop on a Shuttle.
Check out Skyline - my fitter was happy to do either Skyline or SCA on a Shuttle but I have seen a lot of stuff on FaceBook of Skyline doing Shuttle specific trim options (including using the old headlining as a halo roof trim and relocating the rear heater controls) which suggests they have no problems with them.

I googled Skyline and Crystal Custom Campers came up. I emailed my van reg and query and they replied same day, confirming they do for the Hiloroofs. They give my a quote plus upgrades if I want, a date in the calender for installation, and the expected conversion duration and cost breakdown for deposit and balance.

I'm very impressed, and plan to book my Shuttle in once I have the keys in my hands.

Thanks again JB26413.

Mine is booked in with Skyline in July. They were by far the most open and up front. I think due to the current market a lot of companies will go for easy quick turn around.
skyline sent me photos of roof options on shuttles so made my decision easy.

One, very expensive south-west based company were unbelievable arses to deal with. Wanted to know if I had money in the bank and committed to the project then wanted to book me in for ‘consultation call’ and never bothered to ring me. Lucky his sliding boxes keep him in business I guess

Mine is booked in with Skyline in July. They were by far the most open and up front. I think due to the current market a lot of companies will go for easy quick turn around.
skyline sent me photos of roof options on shuttles so made my decision easy.

One, very expensive south-west based company were unbelievable arses to deal with. Wanted to know if I had money in the bank and committed to the project then wanted to book me in for ‘consultation call’ and never bothered to ring me. Lucky his sliding boxes keep him in business I guess
I am Interested in seeing the images of a skyline installation to a shuttle. Particularly the headlining finish and relocation of the rear AC climate control. Could you post the images you say they sent? Or a link to where I can see them?

I am currently in the process of getting quotes for the installation of the reimo easy fit climatic roof to my swb shuttle.

I am swayed to the reimo easy fit due to the oem look once installed with existing headlining.

Did you get this complete and any pictures of it? Thanks
Hi Neilios,

Van is booked in at Slidepods for the roof install, leisure battery / electrical install and aux heater in two weeks time. Cannot wait.

It’s taken a while as the roof was special order.

I will get some pics sorted when it’s done.

@Dieseldonkey lovely van
I'm hoping for some advice and a few photos. I've got a 6.1 shuttle and I'm going to get a stealth roof fitted.
Plan is to get rid of most of the shuttle trim, fit van shades and keep the 3 single seats. Then back for bikes.
I think I need to keep the headlining as it has curtain airbags but the challenge is making a nice job of the b and c pillars and the roof. So any photos of these trims would be great
Thanks

@Dieseldonkey - love the finish on your van - is that swb? I'm in the process of making a camper out of my 150 dsg se shuttle now that I have completed the wheelchair ramp removal. We have opted to bin the rear hvac as there will mostly only be us two selfish pensioners! I have just had a stealth roof fitted and love how it looks - or how it doesn't really! I'm doing all of the other panelling/trimming myself, and having done a t5 panel van before, I admit that the shuttle keeps throwing up challenges, but mostly solutions can be found on this great forum.

IMG_1493.JPG

Reactions: CAB
Back