Show us your 18s

Just replaced 16's with a set of 18's,thinking about dropping but question for those who have already,any major issues in rough beach/woodland car parks as will be using fro surfing and mountain biking primarily

Just replaced 16's with a set of 18's,thinking about dropping but question for those who have already,any major issues in rough beach/woodland car parks as will be using fro surfing and mountain biking primarily
I’ve got 18”s and about a 70mm drop. I can’t say I’ve had any specific issues but obviously there is a limit due to the reduced ground clearance. It will also be a bit bumpier down the tracks as the springs are firmer. It will handle anything you would take a normal car down, which is fine for me as I don’t see it as an off-road vehicle in any way.

I'm 60mm lower on STX coilovers and they handle gravel car parks, dirt roads and lumpy tracks just fine if you take it a bit slower. Not tried on anything rougher than that that you wouldn't think of taking a car down.

Hi All, new to group and new to the world of Banded wheels, just bought these! They were removed from a Land Rover defender they have been banded to 8.5 front 9.5 rear! My question is what type size would suit! Van will be lowered on coil overs! I was shocked how wide the wheels were when they arrived ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rear wheel measures nearly 11”s wide from outside to outside seems massive! The seller says I can fit 245 wide tyre! Not sure what’s best..

IMG_9183.jpeg

Hi All, new to group and new to the world of Banded wheels, just bought these! They were removed from a Land Rover defender they have been banded to 8.5 front 9.5 rear! My question is what type size would suit! Van will be lowered on coil overs! I was shocked how wide the wheels were when they arrived ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Rear wheel measures nearly 11”s wide from outside to outside seems massive! The seller says I can fit 245 wide tyre! Not sure what’s best..

I had the same wheels in same widths as yours on mine and ran 235/45 18's. They were only 98Y load rated though.

Screenshot 2023-06-28 at 14.27.57.png

Everyone running standard 18x7.5 Amarok wheels, are you running without spacers? Looking at 255/45 tyres.

Hi, mines a T6 T32 running Wolfrace Munich 18’s (8.5J and ET 42) with 255/45/18 tyres and Bilstein B14 Komfort Coilovers kit. As with many others before lots of dithering between 18’s or 20’s! But, have to say ride handling and comfort of the van has been transformed and am very happy with how it looks as well!

D727D9FE-4967-48BF-8595-8C9CECAF50E3.jpeg

6B458B02-2390-443F-90FB-5D6069B0AA54.jpeg

Back