Show us your 18s

VWT6JGB

Hi there. I am having my 16" Standard VW Alloys changed next week for 18" from WOLFRACE.
The choice is mind boggling so not sure what to go for. I quite like the Assassin Red Tips as I'm have the red grille detail stripe too.
Any thoughts or pictures of your alloys so I can choose mine please everyone. My van is BLACK BTW.
I'm also having brushed chrome 60mm side bars fired at the same time so any suggestions ideas of what wheels would complement this look?
Thanks in advance for your replies.

I am also interested on 18" wheels of T6, but I cannot any good pictures of people having them. So this makes decision quite hard when choosing suitable wheels.

I also like Wolfrace Assassin's, but don't have any idea of how good/bad they will look on car. And I have only 20mm lowered suspension from factory.

This is mine. 18 x 8.5 Wolfrace GB Temper, but made by ATS in Germany (ATS Temprament). I decided on these for a number of reasons:
  • Obviously I like the look of them
  • Load rated for my T32 and with correct offset etc
  • Reasonably easy to clean otherwise it adds a chunk of pain to van cleaning time
  • 100% lacquered rather than part laquer/part polished. Doing some research including comments from suppliers, polished wheels are more susceptible to corrosion. As I live in highland Scotland we get a lot of salt on the roads from November through to March so this was important. The Assassins are part polished
  • I wanted something a bit different.
IMG_1304 (1).JPG

Nice @ Captain Mainwaring! Do you happen to have any pictures from side view?
I DID think about them as well, but with silver-grey colour solution. Although my concern was that their side view might not fit with the car itself.

Thanks for your input guys. I'm having my new ones fitted weds this coming week. No the question is do I get lowered suspension??
I do not carry heavy loads and the current 16" standards have huge clearance over the tyres. When I upgrade to 18" the tyres are going to be thinner so the clearance will probably be the same? How is lowering achieved and is it expensive??

What wheels have you gone for?
There are a couple of ways to achieve the lowering process.
1. Get some replacement springs. These are shorter than standard thus dropping the van, and work in conjunction with your standard shock absorbers. Depending upon make you can get between a 20 and 50mm drop. This is the cheapest way to achieve the stance.
2. Go for some coilovers, such as Bilstein B14's, other makes are available but most believe that the B14's are best. This comprises of replacement shocks and springs which are matched. They are then height adjustable so that you don't need to swap any components to achieve the exact stance that you want. Price is circa £1100.
3. The third option is to get air-ride. It is expensive.

What is the deal with lowering from VW side? I think I saw a post latelly that no way is it recommended if the car has either DCC or ACC or both.

I have bought Wolfrace JDMs 18"
They are being fitted this weds by Wessex vans in Poole. I was considering asking them to lower it say 30-40mm but I just don't know

Back