Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

Cheers for the shout out, I was typing my reply as you made this post! Your problem might be cured by removing the screw at the 12 o'clock position on the outside edge of the front arch liners. Push the liner back behind the securing tab and use some gentle force to bend the tab up a bit. Leave the screw out and this sometimes gives enough to stop the rubbing on the outer edge.
Thanks @ChrisR :thumbsup:

Hi Gaz, seeing you’re from Wakey have a ride up to Alloy Wheels Leeds. I got mine from there, they can sort them in any colour you want, they might even be able to source the Riviera wheels for you.
I’m on 20’s with B14 245/45R20 tyres no rubbing.
B53CE819-E7A4-4B4F-9044-49F76FB56513.jpeg

You can get a 10.5 on the rear and a 9 on the front. I’ll attach a picture. Air will give you the flexibility. Many will argue it’s not as comfy as some coilovers which is subjective.
I think what your looking for would be a nice load rated 20 tyre with a adjustable coilover kit at least then you’ll be able to wind them up or down a tad. Either of those kits will be great. I’m sure someone with a ABT splitter will be along soon.

I think that the 60/80 would be best for at 60 but it’s that splitter.. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen someone with bottomed Out B14s and the ABT. I’ve also seen loads of posts about people crunching them. At that price I know why you don’t want to scrape it.

View attachment 97354
Can I ask what offsets you are running please? Torn between running 9's all round or going 10.5 on the rear for my wheel choice, yours seem to fit perfect! Nice Van

PXL_20201227_135454571~2.jpg
This is preconversion, so not dropped at the back that much

Front 9 38 offset rear 10.5 42 offset

Cheers, Do you see any issues with 9" ET35 on the front & 10.5 ET45 on the rear? Checked on willtheyfit and I believe there is 3mm difference with my offsets to yours. Will be lowered on air also, anything I need to be extra wary of? I could alternatively go 8.5" on the fronts and 9" on the rear, decisions... decisions. Any sliding door issues? Cheers, Joe

Cheers, Do you see any issues with 9" ET35 on the front & 10.5 ET45 on the rear? Checked on willtheyfit and I believe there is 3mm difference with my offsets to yours. Will be lowered on air also, anything I need to be extra wary of? I could alternatively go 8.5" on the fronts and 9" on the rear, decisions... decisions. Any sliding door issues? Cheers, Joe
Offset will matter but 3mm would imagine you’ll be fine.. I’ve got 5mm spacer on the rear so you should be good.
Now you’ve got offset sorted.... tyre tyres tyres.. I’m only able to run those because my tyres are slim and stretched even then it’s tight. I run mine very low in ride setting

you say your going on air.. what air? Adjustable poly bushes? Have you had any arch liner work done? How low are you wanting to run when driving?

Offset will matter but 3mm would imagine you’ll be fine.. I’ve got 5mm spacer on the rear so you should be good.
Now you’ve got offset sorted.... tyre tyres tyres.. I’m only able to run those because my tyres are slim and stretched even then it’s tight. I run mine very low in ride setting

you say your going on air.. what air? Adjustable poly bushes? Have you had any arch liner work done? How low are you wanting to run when driving?
ABP or So Low, not quite sure yet. I already have the 3P management. Arch liner work can be done no prob, can de seam too if needed. I live in Norfolk so no chance of driving anywhere to low as the roads are terrible on my way to work! Hence the need for air, mainly want a nice stance when parked.

Tyres, I see in other threads people running around the 255/35/20 region? It's not a T32. Poly bushes can be installed, what are the benefits?

Thanks for the info so far, really appreciated

ABP or So Low, not quite sure yet. I already have the 3P management. Arch liner work can be done no prob, can de seam too if needed. I live in Norfolk so no chance of driving anywhere to low as the roads are terrible on my way to work! Hence the need for air, mainly want a nice stance when parked.

Tyres, I see in other threads people running around the 255/35/20 region? It's not a T32. Poly bushes can be installed, what are the benefits?

Thanks for the info so far, really appreciated
A 255/35 on the 10.5 is fine on the 9 245 or 235/35 will be better << that 235 won’t be any good for a T12 let alone a T32 :think smile bounce: wait for the load police to pop up and cry about that.

the poly bushes are worth it as you’ve got that all off anyway and it gives you adjustment which you’ll need.

I’ve just gone and bought these wheels (impulse buy.....couldn’t stop myself), along with a set of Bilstein Comfort coil overs, in anticipation that my new van might turn up from VW at some point over the next 12months!:rolleyes:
I was hoping to achieve a 60mm or maybe 70mm drop.......should I be concerned? I didn’t really properly consider the offset.
What tyre size will work?
35A9ACD1-9EFA-44DD-B783-2E69CEC672A9.png

Back