Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

I’ve been enquiring about air but the conversion has cost best part of 15k another 5k on air I think the missus will lynch me in narrowed it down to a koni set up I spoke to Steve at crs the options were a 40/50mm drop or adjustable kit with 60/80 I’d like to go for the 60/80 but not sure if it will still be practical or do I wait a few months and save for air I spoke to a local company that fit abp set up and he said for what I want I’ll just waste money on coil overs then go back to get the air setup your vans badass love it

This is a 50mm drop on ST X coilovers, it's having a camper conversion being done in Feb.. After driving it for a few weeks I wouldn't want it any lower due to clearance and some rough (ish) terrain and access to camping fields etc.

IMG_20210103_141236~2.jpg

IMG_20210103_141103~2.jpg

Oh and those are 20" Inovit blitz 8.5 inch running 255/40 tyres (edit: OK for the T30, not T32) , I think the offset is 38...you might want to check that.

Last edited:
Ask @Jayjmac but in the meantime here is my “Go at low” on 20” with Air suspension.

View attachment 97337
Thanks for the nudge..

You’ll be limited how low you can go with a ABT splitter for starters as they sit really low anyway.

what suspension have you got or do you know what you want?

In my opinion staggered looks best. But that’s just me.You’ll be looking for a offset of around 35-38 front and 40-43 rear. Thats not gospel it all depends what widths your going for?

I’ve seen 20 inch judds 9 and 10.5 rear ran with load rated tyres and SoLow suspension.
I can’t help much here.. I can help if you want to slam it down and have a tyre load rated for a robin reliant along with a bit of arch magic and a sprinkle of drive shaft judder..

Thanks for the nudge..

You’ll be limited how low you can go with a ABT splitter for starters as they sit really low anyway.

In my opinion staggered looks best. But that’s just me.You’ll be looking for a offset of around 35-38 front and 40-43 rear. Thats not gospel it all depends what widths your going for?

I’ve seen 20 inch judds 9 and 10.5 rear ran with load rated tyres and SoLow suspension.
I can’t help much here.. I can help if you want to slam it down and have a tyre load rated for a robin reliant along with a bit of arch magic and a sprinkle of drive shaft judder..
Cheers @Jayjmac

Did you get my PM mate?

Thanks for the nudge..

Yeah I know the splitter sits low if I get coil overs I’ve decided on a koni/h&r set up he options are a 40/50mm drop or adjustable 60/80mm drop would like it to look good but it is a camper still so need to be able to drive across sites and not rip the splitter off the wheels come in 8.5 all round or staggered if I get it on air I think they will need to be 8.5 so it can air out these are the wheels

8B64DC9A-BB95-4E58-90D3-A7292A75F679.png

I’ve been enquiring about air but the conversion has cost best part of 15k another 5k on air I think the missus will lynch me in narrowed it down to a koni set up I spoke to Steve at crs the options were a 40/50mm drop or adjustable kit with 60/80 I’d like to go for the 60/80 but not sure if it will still be practical or do I wait a few months and save for air I spoke to a local company that fit abp set up and he said for what I want I’ll just waste money on coil overs then go back to get the air setup your vans badass love it
Steve @ CRS knows his stuff so you can’t go wrong with him, however, only you can decide if you want to be able to change your suspension to accommodate going off road as you mention when camping.

Air will give you this but the trade off is the price.

Yeah I know the splitter sits low if I get coil overs I’ve decided on a koni/h&r set up he options are a 40/50mm drop or adjustable 60/80mm drop would like it to look good but it is a camper still so need to be able to drive across sites and not rip the splitter off the wheels come in 8.5 all round or staggered if I get it on air I think they will need to be 8.5 so it can air out these are the wheels

View attachment 97347
You can get a 10.5 on the rear and a 9 on the front. I’ll attach a picture. Air will give you the flexibility. Many will argue it’s not as comfy as some coilovers which is subjective.
I think what your looking for would be a nice load rated 20 tyre with a adjustable coilover kit at least then you’ll be able to wind them up or down a tad. Either of those kits will be great. I’m sure someone with a ABT splitter will be along soon.

I think that the 60/80 would be best for at 60 but it’s that splitter.. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen someone with bottomed Out B14s and the ABT. I’ve also seen loads of posts about people crunching them. At that price I know why you don’t want to scrape it.

129A858E-AFAD-4F03-BA3C-DDA1A67E3C22.jpeg

Steve @ CRS knows his stuff so you can’t go wrong with him, however, only you can decide if you want to be able to change your suspension to accommodate going off road as you mention when camping.

Air will give you this but the trade off is the price.
Yeah I might give him a call tomorrow see what he recommends with the 20s I’m sure he’s done plenty yeah the price 5k for some bags of wind is pretty ridiculous I’m just worried of spending best part of 2k on coil overs then always thinking I should of got the air every time I look at it

You can get a 10.5 on the rear and a 9 on the front. I’ll attach a picture. Air will give you the flexibility. Many will argue it’s not as comfy as some coilovers which is subjective.
I think what your looking for would be a nice load rated 20 tyre with a adjustable coilover kit at least then you’ll be able to wind them up or down a tad. Either of those kits will be great. I’m sure someone with a ABT splitter will be along soon.

I think that the 60/80 would be best for at 60 but it’s that splitter.. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen someone with bottomed Out B14s and the ABT. I’ve also seen loads of posts about people crunching them. At that price I know why you don’t want to scrape it.

View attachment 97354
That is a thing of beauty

That is a thing of beauty
I’ve been that route.. springs, coilovers then just went air. Obviously it’s not for everyone. If you find your perfect height you’ll be happy with whatever you have. Maybe try out both of you can.. this is a good bunch and I’m sure after restrictions someone will let you try each coilover and air.

The old saying “buy nice don’t buy twice” that goes for both coilovers and air.

This is mine on the H&R Coilovers fitted by Steve @CRS Performance.... approx 65mm down.
20” wheels with 275/40/20 tyres which are too big and do ‘catch’/rub on the fronts on occasion, but only on big bumps or undulations in the road. 8.5” fronts and 10” rears (staggered)

2D9FE159-A053-42AE-84BF-E3BD8E6D2E66.jpeg

This is mine on the H&R Coilovers fitted by Steve @CRS Performance.... approx 65mm down.
20” wheels with 275/40/20 tyres which are too big and do ‘catch’/rub on the fronts on occasion, but only on big bumps or undulations in the road. 8.5” fronts and 10” rears (staggered)

View attachment 97360
So what tyres would you go for to remedy this of will it still catch slightly would it make any difference to warm the liner up and open it out a bit or is it on the inside

So what tyres would you go for to remedy this of will it still catch slightly would it make any difference to warm the liner up and open it out a bit or is it on the inside
It catches ‘just’ on the outside. I would remedy this with a smaller tyre 235/40/20. The problem you’re going to have is load rating with your choice of tyres, because you have a T32.... maybe the best person to deal with on here would be @ChrisR at THE VAN CAVE.... he has a T32 and knows his stuff.

A 265/40 20 is load rated for the T32 and usually small enough to avoid the problems that @T6ARF describes. It depends slightly on the wheel offset and the tyre choice, but sometimes a little bit of heat gun work is required on the inner front arch liner and sometimes a quick mod on the outside too, but it's really simple stuff.

Bear in mind that tyre choice can also make a difference. For example: A 265/40 Goodyear is wider than the same size Nankang. The more premium tyres seem to have more rim protection which makes them wider, but you should be OK going up to 80mm down.

I ran at 80mm down on my own van with 265/40 Goodyear on staggered 9 and 10" wide rims and was fine with the little mods I have described above, but once you get below 70-80mm depending on offset etc you can start to run into problems.

One last thing: You might want to check to load rating on those Riviera wheels, I'm not sure they are high enough for a T32 van, you need 860kg per wheel to meet the load rating requirements.

Back