Show me your lowered van with 20" wheels

It catches ‘just’ on the outside. I would remedy this with a smaller tyre 235/40/20. The problem you’re going to have is load rating with your choice of tyres, because you have a T32.... maybe the best person to deal with on here would be @ChrisR at THE VAN CAVE.... he has a T32 and knows his stuff.
Ah I see this maybe a silly question but with the load rated tyres I obviously understand they need to be because a t32 can carry more load be seen as with the kitchen and bed in it won’t ever get loaded really a couple of kids and a awning so say a extra 100kg max loaded would the tyres need to be specifically load rated for a t32 ?

It catches ‘just’ on the outside. I would remedy this with a smaller tyre 235/40/20. The problem you’re going to have is load rating with your choice of tyres, because you have a T32.... maybe the best person to deal with on here would be @ChrisR at THE VAN CAVE.... he has a T32 and knows his stuff.
Cheers for the shout out, I was typing my reply as you made this post! Your problem might be cured by removing the screw at the 12 o'clock position on the outside edge of the front arch liners. Push the liner back behind the securing tab and use some gentle force to bend the tab up a bit. Leave the screw out and this sometimes gives enough to stop the rubbing on the outer edge.

Ah I see this maybe a silly question but with the load rated tyres I obviously understand they need to be because a t32 can carry more load be seen as with the kitchen and bed in it won’t ever get loaded really a couple of kids and a awning so say a extra 100kg max loaded would the tyres need to be specifically load rated for a t32 ?
To pass MOT and be legal and fully insured, yes, the tyres and wheels need to meet load rating requirements. This is checked against the axle weights on the label under the bonnet.

I’m sure your choice would be limited to a 265/40/20?
A 265/40 20 is load rated for the T32 and usually small enough to avoid the problems that @T6ARF describes. It depends slightly on the wheel offset and the tyre choice, but sometimes a little bit of heat gun work is required on the inner front arch liner and sometimes a quick mod on the outside too, but it's really simple stuff.

Bear in mind that tyre choice can also make a difference. For example: A 265/40 Goodyear is wider than the same size Nankang. The more premium tyres seem to have more rim protection which makes them wider, but you should be OK going up to 80mm down.

I ran at 80mm down on my own van with 265/40 Goodyear on staggered 9 and 10" wide rims and was fine with the little mods I have described above, but once you get below 70-80mm depending on offset etc you can start to run into problems.

One last thing: You might want to check to load rating on those Riviera wheels, I'm not sure they are high enough for a T32 van, you need 860kg per wheel to meet the load rating requirements.
Thanks for the help I just put my van in on ok performance and it came back with them I’ll look into I more

For insurance purposes yes :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help I just put my van in on ok performance and it came back with them I’ll look into I more
LK performance don't consider T32 separately when it comes to load rating in their on line search results, which is frustrating because you will see many options that aren't actually suitable for the T32. I think the only on line place that does is Rimstyle, but I may be wrong. Finding the right load rated wheels for a T32 can be a headache, although the range is getting wider all the time.

LK performance don't consider T32 separately when it comes to load rating in their on line search results, which is frustrating because you will see many options that aren't actually suitable for the T32. I think the only on line place that does is Rimstyle, but I may be wrong. Finding the right load rated wheels for a T32 can be a headache, although the range is getting wider all the time.
I’m well pissed now there 850kg it’s a black van and I’ve gone with a gold theme the seat stitching /van shades I’ve even had the silver strips on the grill Hydrodipped with a subtle gold pattern all based on the riviera bronze tint wheel ‍I’ll have to start looking again now

Cheers for the shout out, I was typing my reply as you made this post! Your problem might be cured by removing the screw at the 12 o'clock position on the outside edge of the front arch liners. Push the liner back behind the securing tab and use some gentle force to bend the tab up a bit. Leave the screw out and this sometimes gives enough to stop the rubbing on the outer edge.
To be fair Steve at CRS did suggest the same mod, but it doesn’t happen very often when you get used to avoiding the undulations.... and as they say, if it ain’t rubbing you ain’t dubbing! It only catches exactly where you’re describing.... on the head of the rounded screw of the tab for the liner.
I was never gonna leave it like that.... I would’ve changed the front tyres, but I’m changing my wheels soon so that’ll definitely remedy it :thumbsup:

I’m well pissed now there 850kg it’s a black van and I’ve gone with a gold theme the seat stitching /van shades I’ve even had the silver strips on the grill Hydrodipped with a subtle gold pattern all based on the riviera bronze tint wheel ‍I’ll have to start looking again now
Welcome to the pain of wheels and tyres..

if the T32 is a issue there is another solution if you don’t run anywhere near the weight. You can have the van down plated by a company called SVTECH. It’s just a paper work exercise. Obviously if your not creeping up to the limit with a conversion.

other option is getting the colour code of the wheels.. I had the Bola bronze colour code and had my steels sprayed in that colour.

To be fair Steve at CRS did suggest the same mod, but it doesn’t happen very often when you get used to avoiding the undulations.... and as they say, if it ain’t rubbing you ain’t dubbing! It only catches exactly where you’re describing.... on the head of the rounded screw of the tab for the liner.
I was never gonna leave it like that.... I would’ve changed the front tyres, but I’m changing my wheels soon so that’ll definitely remedy it :thumbsup:
Bend it up and in.. that’s the first one that needs to go :laugh:

Welcome to the pain of wheels and tyres..

if the T32 is a issue there is another solution if you don’t run anywhere near the weight. You can have the van down plated by a company called SVTECH. It’s just a paper work exercise. Obviously if your not creeping up to the limit with a conversion.

other option is getting the colour code of the wheels.. I had the Bola bronze colour code and had my steels sprayed in that colour.
I’ll have a look into it yeah that’s a decent idea it’s something to think about

I’ve had my van weighed front axel and rear. 1390kg front and 1080kg rear Kombi, leisure battery, 3 stage sound insulation, van king bed and some camping gear. Take what you want from that. I personally have no issue with running a 850. Not saying it’s right or you should and that’s on me. I run Judd at 880kg and 900kg and also banded steels that come with no rating at all.

I’ve had my van weighed front axel and rear. 1390kg front and 1080kg rear Kombi, leisure battery, 3 stage sound insulation, van king bed and some camping gear. Take what you want from that. I personally have no issue with running a 850. Not saying it’s right or you should and that’s on me. I run Judd at 880kg and 900kg and also banded steels that come with no rating at all.
Do you swap the wheels over for mot?

Haven’t had one yet... not due for another 2 years! :whistle: It’s not my alloys it’s my tyres.Like I said I’m having it down plated so it won’t matter by then

Don’t get me wrong I’m not saying you should do any of that. I just know how annoying getting a T32 has been.. had I have known I may not have got one.
Never even considered any of this when I got one it never crossed my mind quite like the look of these I only live a couple of mile from lk performancemight have ride over tomorrow see what they got cheers for the help much appreciated

63776FA4-2F4D-42E2-9CD2-79C21893AEE9.png

Back