Service and Service Plans

charlieuk71

So... I have seen the threads about Service Plans and would like to have a bit of peace of mind......

I have a 21 plate T6.1, which was registered March 21. I want to get it serviced before the 3 year warranty runs out, in case of anything being picked up.

It is not due for a service for some time yet, but just looked at service plans. They cover 2 years, but I like the look of the All In Plan, but it appears to be only available for ehicles over 3 years old.

Any advice on best approach would be great.

Only 16K on the clock at the moment.

Sounds like you are on the long life service interval, IMO not the best option for engine reliability if you are planning on keeping the van long term.
IMO the 12000 mile / 1 year service regime is best long term.

Mine is a 6.1 registered in December 2022. So coming up for one year. I agree one year oil changes seem sensible so I purchase a 2 year service plan for £238 which gives me:

The next 2 services – which means draining
and replacing the engine oil and filter
– 1 x Check and replace pollen filter if required
– Check fluid levels for washers, brakes and coolant
– Check tyre conditions and report any issues
– Check the condition of the braking system
and report any issues
– General overall condition incl. lights, battery,
instruments, wipers etc.
– Diagnostic check and carry out any outstanding
software updates
– Reset interval display

Seemed good value considering the cost of just one service was nearly £200 at my local commercial service center.

So... I have seen the threads about Service Plans and would like to have a bit of peace of mind......

I have a 21 plate T6.1, which was registered March 21. I want to get it serviced before the 3 year warranty runs out, in case of anything being picked up.

It is not due for a service for some time yet, but just looked at service plans. They cover 2 years, but I like the look of the All In Plan, but it appears to be only available for ehicles over 3 years old.

Any advice on best approach would be great.

Only 16K on the clock at the moment.
There is no reason why you can’t MOT a vehicle before it’s 3 years old. For £45 it’s probably the cheapest third party check you can get.
Obviously they don’t cover all of the points in a service but it will be independent, unbiased and cover the vast majority of service items.

I'm similarly still in factory warranty so can't get All In, but also I did get the 2 year service plan while it was on sale which should get me to end of warranty.

Nothing says that have to be exactly every 12 months.

Which reminds me must get it booked in as I'm likewise wary of extended service intervals.

Mine is a 6.1 registered in December 2022. So coming up for one year. I agree one year oil changes seem sensible so I purchase a 2 year service plan for £238 which gives me:

The next 2 services – which means draining
and replacing the engine oil and filter
– 1 x Check and replace pollen filter if required
– Check fluid levels for washers, brakes and coolant
– Check tyre conditions and report any issues
– Check the condition of the braking system
and report any issues
– General overall condition incl. lights, battery,
instruments, wipers etc.
– Diagnostic check and carry out any outstanding
software updates
– Reset interval display

Seemed good value considering the cost of just one service was nearly £200 at my local commercial service center.
Who was that with ?

Back