VW All in plan .. again

So my "All In warrantied van ceases to run in 550 miles, and nobody cares!
I can understand the wait to get into a VW dealership for repair because that seems to be a ‘standard’ delay. However given the lack of availability the defect has been reported inside the warranty period and should be covered regardless of how many miles / time there is left on the warranty.
I would be contacting VW Customer Services and recording calls, keeping emails etc.

I can understand the wait to get into a VW dealership for repair because that seems to be a ‘standard’ delay. However given the lack of availability the defect has been reported inside the warranty period and should be covered regardless of how many miles / time there is left on the warranty.
I would be contacting VW Customer Services and recording calls, keeping emails etc.
When an Ad Blue fault pings up it starts counting down from 650 miles (1000km) and when it gets to zero will simply not start.
The van is running just fine, but the computer detects something, if only a crystal on the injector?
You are then held to ransom to get it sorted in that time.
I had it in June as I'd just got into Scotland. VW Assist couldn't clear it then and I started heading home.
Stopped at the services in Moffatt & it had cleared when I re started.

Anyway I tossed & turned all night, and have decided to book it in for December and hire a van at my expense.
I just don't have the time, range or motivation to find an independent to rectify the fault.
I need a van every day between now and December .... and besides the new one may show up before then!

When an Ad Blue fault pings up it starts counting down from 650 miles (1000km) and when it gets to zero will simply not start.
The van is running just fine, but the computer detects something, if only a crystal on the injector?
You are then held to ransom to get it sorted in that time.
I had it in June as I'd just got into Scotland. VW Assist couldn't clear it then and I started heading home.
Stopped at the services in Moffatt & it had cleared when I re started.

Anyway I tossed & turned all night, and have decided to book it in for December and hire a van at my expense.
I just don't have the time, range or motivation to find an independent to rectify the fault.
I need a van every day between now and December .... and besides the new one may show up before then!

If it’s under warranty and you can’t drive it you should be offered a courtesy vehicle.
Be a PITA and keep on their backs, accepting piss poor service just encourages them to continue business as usual.

If it’s under warranty and you can’t drive it you should be offered a courtesy vehicle.
Be a PITA and keep on their backs, accepting piss poor service just encourages them to continue business as usual.
agree with DXX on this one. Your paying good money for the warranty to cover you for work etc so that you can be up and running again. The fact they can't fit you in till December is thier problem not yours. Have you pressed for a courtesy van? I would be on their back asking for one.

Would be worth combing through the T&C's of the all in plan too, to see what it says in there might have someone useful you can use against them?

Try calling VW assist out as they can make a priority booking with your local Van centre.

Try calling VW assist out as they can make a priority booking with your local Van centre.
You could have another ‘mystery’ breakdown that requires VW Assist recover your vehicle to a dealership, once there they will need to repair the defects.

This morning I called in at the Main Dealer who took the breakdown report from VW Assist.
The work was booked in for mid December, and was advised to simply breakdown, call Assist who will put 60m range on the clock, follow me to the dealership and arrange a suitable commercial.
Also hinted that once on site, slots would open up to look at the vehicle.
In hindsight the Assist guy yesterday was urging me to follow him there and then, but I was on a job, and just not possible.
Just been on the phone to Assist and told they will not attend again unless the vehicle breaks down. Also confirmed an immediate courtesy vehicle will be supplied if the vehicle can't be started and taken to the main dealer.

I did have this a few years ago under the original 3 year warranty, when I told the dealer (the one that supplied it) that it wasn't going to make it over the festive period as it was struggling to turn over. Their answer was break down and call Assist.
The Boy Scout in me just couldn't handle this negative outlook, so I bought a new battery.
This didn't solve the problem, I broke down, called Assist and a dodgy starter motor diagnosed.
Had they simply spared me 5 minutes to test the battery it would have saved me £150 for an AGM.

It's just the way of the world now!
The big boys killed of nearly all the small helpful independents with their main dealer only tools and diagnostics - And now they have the captive market are able to offer shoddy service.

This morning I called in at the Main Dealer who took the breakdown report from VW Assist.
The work was booked in for mid December, and was advised to simply breakdown, call Assist who will put 60m range on the clock, follow me to the dealership and arrange a suitable commercial.
Also hinted that once on site, slots would open up to look at the vehicle.
In hindsight the Assist guy yesterday was urging me to follow him there and then, but I was on a job, and just not possible.
Just been on the phone to Assist and told they will not attend again unless the vehicle breaks down. Also confirmed an immediate courtesy vehicle will be supplied if the vehicle can't be started and taken to the main dealer.

I did have this a few years ago under the original 3 year warranty, when I told the dealer (the one that supplied it) that it wasn't going to make it over the festive period as it was struggling to turn over. Their answer was break down and call Assist.
The Boy Scout in me just couldn't handle this negative outlook, so I bought a new battery.
This didn't solve the problem, I broke down, called Assist and a dodgy starter motor diagnosed.
Had they simply spared me 5 minutes to test the battery it would have saved me £150 for an AGM.

It's just the way of the world now!
The big boys killed of nearly all the small helpful independents with their main dealer only tools and diagnostics - And now they have the captive market are able to offer shoddy service.
Just a follow up to my above post 1 month ago;
I ran the range down as economically as I possibly could, breaking down exactly 4 weeks after Assist attended.
Every 50 miles or so the DPF light would flash and the vehicle would lose power. Nothing like limp mode, more like the turbo wasn't working. A quick flick of the ignition on and off whilst driving would remedy this every time.
I think it was just a cynical way of pushing you to get it to a dealer. Even though it's been booked in since the light came on .... and 7 weeks away!
Yesterday was the fateful day, and I did the 12 miles left to zero. Van pre cleared out, and all gear dropped at job I'm working on.
The countdown went to zero a mile from home, the warning light turned red, and once home the motor would not re start.
Called Assist who attended 4 hours later. He plugged it in, and I saw 30 mile range on the display.
He insisted he had not done it, so maybe another trick that gives you a last chance to drive it in an hour or so after failing to start?
Paperwork was filled out, an email to the garage supposedly sent, and I was instructed to take it in.
On arrival the vehicle was rejected because I hadn't been recovered, but driven it in.
No replacement vehicle offered, and the booked in date of mid December still stood.
The next hour and a half consisted of the dealer saying it's for Assist to sort out, and Assist insisting it's the dealers responsibility.
Both suggested customer services, and after talking to some AI bot for a few minutes, connected me to a call centre who were utterly useless.
Eventually the guys at the dealership offered me a loan car whist the mess is sorted out.
The 3 guys at the dealers did their best to talk to Assist, who just thought I should drive 35 miles to a van centre with a 20 mile range, break down & get assisted to where they may have a van available.
Morale of the story is make sure Assist accompany you to the garage.

Reactions: CAB
Does anyone know where the Europe wide breakdown cover extends to…for example would it include Croatia? Montenegro?

Does anyone know where the Europe wide breakdown cover extends to…for example would it include Croatia? Montenegro?
Not sure about the VW plan but Montenegro isn’t in Europe so not covered by any EU breakdown cover as far as I’m aware.

Not sure about the VW plan but Montenegro isn’t in Europe so not covered by any EU breakdown cover as far as I’m aware.
Yeah I would assume similar but then it is often covered for vehicle insurance even though not part of the EU etc.
Does anyone have a definitive list of countries included?

There is a bit of a fallacy that just calling VW Assist means you get priority booking at the dealers. It might be if you are towed/carried in by them, but just calling them out, even when the fault is logged etc.
When I queried this with the dealer after a callout the dealer said it wasn't anything to do with VW Assist what order they see their vehicles in.
As I said - it might be different if towed in though.

My All-In expires on Saturday, I thought someone would of called asking if I wanted to extend/renew? Is there a likelihood of it being on sale/offer any time soon or do I just get over myself, ring them and pay the money :speechless:

My All-In expires on Saturday, I thought someone would have called asking if I wanted to extend/renew? Is there a likelihood of it being on sale/offer any time soon or do I just get over myself, ring them and pay the money :speechless:
Mine is up in a few months. I’m definitely waiting this time for a deal. I’m not sure about the age though, it’s had 3 year warranty then 2 year all in so I’m wondering if there is a cut off as there is an age limit but not sure if this is to start the cover or age at the end of the cover

Mine is up in a few months. I’m definitely waiting this time for a deal. I’m not sure about the age though, it’s had 3 year warranty then 2 year all in so I’m wondering if there is a cut off as there is an age limit but not sure if this is to start the cover or age at the end of the cover
I think it's six years limit when it starts?

My All-In expires on Saturday, I thought someone would of called asking if I wanted to extend/renew? Is there a likelihood of it being on sale/offer any time soon or do I just get over myself, ring them and pay the money :speechless:

There was the offer in April but guessing not another until maybe June? Hopefully when mine is due.

Back