VW All in plan .. again

Oldrat

Senior Crafter
T6 Legend
Copied from my post on the Crafter forum, because it’s just as relevant here. It’s my second plan, van is 2018 reg and been covered by the manufacturers warranty from new.

The All In plan works out cheaper than VW servicing and I like the warranty & breakdown cover. No pre inspection required this time either.

In full it covers:-
  • 2 Services
  • 2 MOTs
  • 2 years breakdown (Europe wide)
  • 2 years manufacturers warranty

Total of £888 or £37 per month

Peace of mind

Just done the same as this. By the time you factor in the service, MOT and roadside assistance costs, the warranty is about £100. No brainer.

Reactions: CAB
Copied from my post on the Crafter forum, because it’s just as relevant here. It’s my second plan, van is 2018 reg and been covered by the manufacturers warranty from new.

The All In plan works out cheaper than VW servicing and I like the warranty & breakdown cover. No pre inspection required this time either.

In full it covers:-
  • 2 Services
  • 2 MOTs
  • 2 years breakdown (Europe wide)
  • 2 years manufacturers warranty

Total of £888 or £37 per month

Peace of mind
Just done the same with the Skoda Kodiaq and Citigo. Both administered via VW Finance. T6 already covered.

I have the all-in plan on my 2017 reg van, but the 2yrs is up in November. Anyone know if it's possible to extend it for another 2 years?

I have the all-in plan on my 2017 reg van, but the 2yrs is up in November. Anyone know if it's possible to extend it for another 2 years?
It depends on when your van was first registered. Mine was registered at the end of Nov17 and my current plan expires 1st week Dec 2023. It has to be under 6 yrs old to have a new plan so I think I will not qualify by one week.

I’ve had my crank end seal and passenger central locking motor replaced under the All In warranty, so it’s paid for itself already.

Bit of a no-brainer.
Are you sure the crank seal was done under the “All-in”

mine isn’t covered as item 5 of the t&cs state oil leaks are excluded. Spoke to the warranty underwriters tech guy and he stated of all the warranties they administer the Vw one is the only one with this exclusion……. Go figure!

my understanding is that this item is, on occasion, done under some randomly applied goodwill gesture but again despite a lengthy argument they wouldn’t cover mine. Eventually got a discount but got to also pay for timing belt and water pump which don’t need doing yet however no brainer not to do all so significantly out of pocket on a 19 plate 50k new to me T6 kombI …… guess where I went wrong was assuming All -in meant All-in

the real pi**er is that VW know these parts fail prematurely and in my view not fit for purpose hence the re-designed part and the significant number of failures

I’ve had my crank end seal and passenger central locking motor replaced under the All In warranty, so it’s paid for itself already.
Lucky boy - @bc26 didnt:
my van is in for an mot and they have noticed its got an oil leak from the crankshaft main oil seal,
i have the All-In warranty but the claim has been rejected.
Has anyone had this done under the all in package?
the van has full vw service history and only done 68k

My first crank seal was done at around 3.5 years of the 5 year extended warranty and then again under the All In, but as a gesture of goodwill, although if I’d have pushed it the first repair should/would have come with a 2 year guarantee on materials and labour anyway.

Vote with your feet and don’t buy from the same dealer in future, luckily mine has been very accommodating with warranty repairs knowing full well my van is highly modified.

Our van is still under three years so we have the option of the two service plan or pay additionally for the MOT and fuel and air filter to be changed. The more expensive one is £220 more which seems a lot for an MOT and two filters. Does anyone have any idea what they would cost in a service?

I’ve tried to look at this on VWFS site and after putting in the reg (17 plate, less than 40k miles) all I get offered is the service plan and 1 MOT, but not with the roadside assistance.

Where would I find the plan which includes this ?

• Sad
I’ve tried to look at this on VWFS site and after putting in the reg (17 plate, less than 40k miles) all I get offered is the service plan and 1 MOT, but not with the roadside assistance.

Where would I find the plan which includes this ?
You won’t be eligible for the all in plan which includes roadside assistance as your van is over 6yrs old.

Just done the same as this. By the time you factor in the service, MOT and roadside assistance costs, the warranty is about £100. No brainer.
In theory!
But my Ad Blue fault came on Saturday night, pinging up the dreaded 650 miles until van won't start.
Called VW Assist this morning who could not clear the fault code. A breakdown report was sent to my local dealers that said December at earliest. They recommended a dedicated van centre (the one I bought it from) who said Jan 24.

So my "All In warrantied van ceases to run in 550 miles, and nobody cares!

I am now phoning independents to try an rectify the situation at my expense ... which is what VW want.

• Wow
Back