Seat On Rails - Cargo Net/mini Bulkhead To Hold All The Stuff In The Back When Seat Moved Forward?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
So a quick question for those that have a seat on rails ie. California etc and carry a lot of stuff for camping.....
Once you have packed the van and move the seat into the travelling position (ie. up to the front seats) have you anything in place to stop all the stuff sliding forwards into the gap that has now been created?

I'm thinking some kind of mini bulkhead or cargo net arrangement? Issue with the bulkhead is having to then store it somewhere once the seat turns into a bed, and cargo net wise it's making it strong enough that worries me....

It's this 'gap' I'm referring to once the seat is slid forwards;

IMG_20200313_165319.jpg

Obviously I can't pack this void with stuff as it'll have to go somewhere once parked up and the seat moved back.

Any advice/pics etc greatly appreciated :)

Apologies, just realised it should of been in the interior sub forum.

Anyone made anything similar?

Cheers @Salty Spuds
Yes, something along those lines. It would have to be double that in height, ie. up to worktop level, as I store stuff on the rear bed section (or 'parcel shelf' if you like)...
Problem with it being any taller is then when it comes into turning into a bed. I suppose it could be hinged in the middle and fold down to below bed height.

I'm thinking a cargo net would be easier and take up a lot less room, as space is obviously at a premium when there's 3 and a dog camping in it.

Back