Seat Base Electric + EHU + Solar Install + Charger + DC-DC -- How We Done it --

View attachment 141331
High power distribution buss bar, that connects the two batteries, mppt chargers, B2B and inverter. I chose to fuse each battery to a buss, with equal 35mm cable each, and 75mm for the inverter. Next to the left is the bmv700,
Notice, I have beefed the original anaemic bar, with two 15x3mm cooper bar, and bras bolts.
Just a question on this bit, it looks like you have installed a copper bus bar on both sides of the top connectors down to the distribution bus bars.
Doesn’t this make the 250A fuse redundant? Or am I misunderstanding the picture?

View attachment 144668
Final install of system under the seat base with the 200A Roamer battery, All sorted now , but it is a tight squeeze under the seat to fit in a new fuse box, shunt, bus bar, isolator and existing vehicle wiring.

View attachment 144669

View attachment 144672
Nice to see there is still a bit of space in there if not much, I've got a slight challenge ahead as with some slight modification i need to fit in there....

CTEK 250se
Victron IP65 charger
Victron 75/15 MPPT
Victron Phoenix inverter
Fuse distribution
Bus Bars
Isolater
and just to finish it off some anderson connectors.
Challenge accepted hahaha

Just a question on this bit, it looks like you have installed a copper bus bar on both sides of the top connectors down to the distribution bus bars.
Doesn’t this make the 250A fuse redundant? Or am I misunderstanding the picture?
Well spotted, yes is intentional. The single buss bar is only 45mm2, so having two paths makes it 90mm2, that feeds a 70mm2 inverter cable. Inside the inverter at the point of entry is a 150a mega. It’s the only way I could configure the box with all the connections in a small space. A bigger bodies not fit, as I was going for a linx box.

Dellmassive spotted this first, and we was thinking, how long before anyone else mentions it. Good eye to detail you have.

Well spotted, yes is intentional. The single buss bar is only 45mm2, so having two paths makes it 90mm2, that feeds a 70mm2 inverter cable. Inside the inverter at the point of entry is a 150a mega. It’s the only way I could configure the box with all the connections in a small space. A bigger bodies not fit, as I was going for a linx box.

Dellmassive spotted this first, and we was thinking, how long before anyone else mentions it. Good eye to detail you have.
Yep, well done @Fishd 10 T6F points for spotting the setup. i did ask @Raul a/3 about the pic (as it was public and might confuse some ppl) - but he knows his setup and its installed safely. - Hes using the block and fuse as a POS BusBar to pass some big power out to his large inverter which is why the fuse is bypassed, but adds material and weight to the connection to lessen heat build up.

Really liking the idea of this... now trying to work out how to shoehorn all the electrical kit I have into the drivers side seatbase.

View attachment 145649
Its a crude solution atm but what I currently have is a utilisation of the wasted space between the rear of the drivers seatbase and the kitchen units.

20220204_084023.jpg

My Work in progress

processed-925e13d0-76a5-4bbd-b60b-fc1f5ae14cda_3LNQq0vW.jpeg
processed-935209fb-1cb9-4859-913a-29048f995247_Bsu6Z74K - Copy.jpeg

Drivers seat nearly finished,
Ultramax 100ah lipo
Renogy Shunt
Main switch and fuse
70mm2 Cable
(going to fit battery monitor screen and renogy dc monitor screen in here to)

Passenger seat next...
Renogy dc charger
Hertz 5 channel amplifer
Pos and Neg Bus bars

Then onto the nearside rear quarter to install Inverter and mini fusebox for all the lights and other bits

It will be coming out besides that fate undetermined. Happy to pass it onto someone for beer tokens/ kidneys / Black Market goods
Let me know when mate....happy to oblige with a donation of some kind......prefer to hang onto my kidneys though lol

Quick size up and initial view to see if what I have planned works.
It all looks reasonably promising, I'm going to need to modify the design of the seat base ever so slightly to accommodate everything.
The biggest part of this is maintaining the structural integrity of the base.
20220220_102527.jpg20220220_103755.jpg
20220220_103749.jpg20220220_104022.jpg
This little lip I'm going to move up by about 10mm to allow the ctek unit back. However I'd I do it correctly by taking a portion out above this I should be able to maintain the strengthening point.

The extention to the seat base requires a bit of modification yet to get the fit I am aiming for. There will be an access panel at the top to allow for fuse and inverter access.
My whole aim is one assembled you'll be able to remove the entire seat base as one module. There will be a few Anderson connectors to disconnect but it seems a better option than everything being hard wired.

20220219_193055.jpg

20220220_102525.jpg

The other alternative to adjustment of the front of the seat base is this.
By some luck the victron and ctek bolt holes actually line up (not perfect but close enough)
The units would need some spacing to improve heat dissipation however it's a viable option with less protrusion at the front.

20220220_105812.jpg20220220_105817.jpg20220220_105835.jpg

So, I ended up trying something a lot simpler in the end. I had some odds and ends of 9mm ply, and mounted those across the seatbase to hold the battery in place.
Top left, is a 12v distribution box with fused connections to the battery, dc-dc charger, solar controller, battery charge port & 12v socket (paired up), connection to a sub-fuse box.
Top middle(ish) is a Victron Orion non-isolated dc-dc charger
Top right, negative connection post - this is connected to the seat base bolts as and then from there to the battery negative terminal
Middle left, Victron Smart Solar 100/20
Middle left (below the MPPT charger) 6 way fuse box with connections to a smaller rear fusebox (mainly lights and a couple of USB sockets), Fridge, Eberspacher D2, Internal roof lights
Bottom left, you can see the hot air vent for the eberspacher... going to monitor the temp on this to see if I need to heat-wrap it.
Right side, 100AH Renogy battery with heater.

I still need to find a place to mount the Renogy battery monitor display, thinking I'm going to get a new rear seat base cover made out of some ply with a built up section for the monitor, so that it clears the cable... I find it a bit annoying that the RJ45 socket is directly on the back, rather than mounted at 90degrees somewhere, but I guess they can't please everyone.

Will see how it holds up, it's going to depend how flexible / strong the ply is I guess... but I've got dimensions now for the mounts I planned above... I just don't have access to the tooling required to make it myself...

EDIT: I also need to fit the Battery Master (you can just sort of see it, bottom left) but I need to work out the best way to wire that in as well.

IMG_2084.jpg

Back