Scandinavia Ideas Please

Ian28

T6 Guru
Hi,

Planning a 'pilgrimage' with my son to the Nick Cave exhibition in Copenhagen this summer in my T6 and wondered if anyone could offer any travel tips for the region? Trip will be a week-ish and I'll start by sailing Newcastle to Amsterdam and then driving up through Germany etc. Probably same ferry back. I'd like to go into Sweden & maybe up to see some of Norway too. Not sure whether to sail back to Denmark from Norway or drive down through Sweden. Interested to hear of other people's ideas.

Cheers, Ian

Try and avoid going anywhere near Bremen or Hamburg, the traffic on the motorway is seriously bad. If you want to see some of norway I'd avoid the drive up to hirtshals and get a ferry from nearer Copenhagen, there is nothing to see driving up through Denmark, just a long slog. If you are planning using the bridge from Copenhagen to malmo in Sweden get the frequent user card, can buy it online, even after buying it you still save on the cost of the bridge crossing - it is very expensive if not.

If you do go to Norway you need to register your vehicle with epc, they will then bill you for any road tolls in norway, saves alot of hassle. Just be aware the Bill's trickle through, I got one last week and we were in norway in Sept 19.

Totally recommend norway, loads of camping facilities and stunning scenery. Just be prepared for a very high prices. If you have a sweet tooth take supplies of chocolate, biscuits and soft drinks. Not sure how to post a link but we posted quite a few pics on here. If you search norway trip it should pop up. Enjoy.

That’s a great blog with some fantastic images. Might look at sailing from Copenhagen to Oslo then follow your route through Southern Norway. Will head back to Copenhagen from Trondheim via a different route. Many thanks.

If you are driving north from Malmo a side excursion to Trollhattan
to visit the Saab Museum is a must. Trollhattan itself is well worth
a visit as it sits on the Gota canal linking Lake Vanern to the
Kattegat at Gothenburg (they call it Gotaborg, pronounced Yotabory,
seriously). The Gota (Yota) canal at Trollhattan has 3 sets of
enormous locks of various ages and if you're lucky you may witness
one of the "Releases of Water" that they periodically do. We also did
a side detour just off the motorway to a signposted aircraft museum
at Angelholm and found ourselves outside the Koenigsegg factory. They
use the runway for testing purposes.

Back