NORWAY '24.

We are planning a similar trip in August, up to the artic circle and back down through Finland. From what we've seen you'll have a n amazing time.
Wow we are doing the same in September, ferry all booked, although we are going the opposite way, fast first week up through Sweden to Nord kapp, then 3 weeks back down through Norway sightseeing, so just over 4 weeks, so I better get the van finished..I’ll be looking for travel tips from you guys on this thread nearer our trip, have a great time
Ps, if anyone fancies a trip out to Iceland in mid June 25’ get in touch, as that’s next on our list, gives plenty of time to save up for the ferry crossing! Hoping to explore the interior, not just the ring road, so about 4 weeks again, sod work!

Last edited:
Ps, if anyone fancies a trip out to Iceland in mid June 25’ get in touch, as that’s next on our list, gives plenty of time to save up for the ferry crossing! Hoping to explore the interior, not just the ring road, so about 4 weeks again, sod work!
Sounds very interesting....could possibly be interested, although the Mrs RT doesnt particularly like boats! Leave her behind I suppose but then who's going to do the dishes?:uh run:

@Ricardo T we did Norway in summer ‘22 for 5 weeks. Tunnel etc same as you plan.
We did the ferry from Puttgarden to Rodby then straight up and Helsingor to Helsingborg.
You can book it as a combined ticket for about €90. It’s really easy and saves time and fuel.
Helsingborg is lovely and we spent a day there on the return journey staying at the motorhome sire which is on the harbour.
As you’ve got your toll tag and ferry sorted, have you linked the two together? And have you prepaid your ferry account? If you prepay then you save 50% on all ferries. However, it’s not as amazing as it seems as some of the west coast ferries are free and the others are heavily subsidised. Many are just a few quid.
However, if you plan on doing the Bodo to Moskenes route to Lofoten then it saves you about £45 each way.
We did the ferry Bognes to Lodingen to get to Lofoten. It’s quick and easy and drops you into Lofoten high enough up so you can then drive down southwards and not miss anything.
Don’t allocate much time to staying in Bodo. Apart from loads of white tailed eagles it’s a whole load of not much.
If you can get to Tromso then do so. We stayed two nights and loved the place.
Thank you so much @Bigsidavies...ill DM a reply over the next day or two..cheers mate.:thumbsup:

I spent a lot of my working life in Norway, take good clothes, mozzy repellant, your full booze allowance and as much food as you can stash in your van.
While you get robbed for food and drink you can leave your car unlocked with your wallet on the dashboard - super honest.

I spent a lot of my working life in Norway, take good clothes, mozzy repellant, your full booze allowance and as much food as you can stash in your van.
While you get robbed for food and drink you can leave your car unlocked with your wallet on the dashboard - super honest.

We thought that too, everything is super expensive to buy out there but the crime rate appears very low. We were walking somewhere once near the edge of a town/industrial estate and there was a yard with dozens of new, presumably imported Ifor Williams trailers, the yard had several entrances and not a fence or a gate anywhere so anybody could just drive in at night, hitch up and away but I guess they don't unlike here where they wouldn't make it through the first night!

Back