Advice on Copenhagen Trip please?

Ian28

T6 Guru
Hi, my son and I are planning a pilgrimage to the Nick Cave exhibition in Denmark the last week in July. Does anyone know how long it’ll take to drive from Rotterdam to Copenhagen? Also any suggestions for campgrounds as near to Copenhagen as possible. Planning to drive from ferry port in Rotterdam to C’hagen in 1 day, 3 nights in C’hagen, drive back to Rotterdam again in one day.
Cheers, Ian.

There isn’t anything that close to the centre, we stayed here DCU-Copenhagen Camp "Absalon" and you can walk over the road and catch the train into the centre really easy.
Whilst there you have to visit Warpigs micro brewery and bbq.

AA route planner will give you a route and time for your journey. Where are you sailing from for Rotterdam? I was just looking at something similar last night as the daughter would like to go to Legoland. Shame they don't do public ferries to Esbjerg anymore

P&O sail from Hull to Rotterdam. DFDS sail Newcastle (nearer to me) to Amsterdam but it is 3 times the cost of the Hull sailing for some reason when I put my details in.
Rotterdam to Copenhagen looks to be over a 9 hour drive (if no hold ups etc.) so think we’ll look to break the journey somewhere around Hamburg.

P&O sail from Hull to Rotterdam. DFDS sail Newcastle (nearer to me) to Amsterdam but it is 3 times the cost of the Hull sailing for some reason when I put my details in.
Rotterdam to Copenhagen looks to be over a 9 hour drive (if no hold ups etc.) so think we’ll look to break the journey somewhere around Hamburg.
Yeah, I looked last night and Newcastle to Amsterdam was £1200 return. That is also the nearest for me. May look at the Hull crossing today.

Let me know what price the Hull crossing churns out for you please. I’ve looked at places to stay over in Copenhagen itself & the choice isn’t great - might just plump for the golf club car park as it’s just a place to park up with basic facilities we’re after rather than a bona fide camp ground.
Any tips for somewhere to stay around the Hamburg region?

Let me know what price the Hull crossing churns out for you please. I’ve looked at places to stay over in Copenhagen itself & the choice isn’t great - might just plump for the golf club car park as it’s just a place to park up with basic facilities we’re after rather than a bona fide camp ground.
Any tips for somewhere to stay around the Hamburg region?
I just had a quick look, and put in the 1st week in august to see (not sure if will be then) and with a standard cabin the saver price came back just shy of £800. Seems a lot more reasonable than DFDS

Back