Norway Adventures...............

kiter

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Probably wont sleep tonight as pretty excited, head off tomorrow for 5 weeks in Norway, plan is to try and get all the way up to Tromso, with about 2 weeks in the Lofoten Islands en route. Van all packed and tin tent hitched so ready to roll first thing IMG_20190726_184103.jpg IMG_20190726_184131.jpg tomorrow am. Scary how much 'stuff ' is in the back of the van between bikes, inflatable kayak and paragliders, good job its a LWB. Will try and post pics/updates as we go.

awesome . . . keep the pics coming

Looking forward to seeing the adventures you are going to have, Tromso is on my bucket list. :thumbsup:

Taking the van around norway is at the top of my bucket list. I wish you the best of the luck and please keep us updated with locations, travel tips and photos. :thumbsup:
I'm very jealous but excited for you.

Is the Eriba a Familia 310 ?
Had one many years ago lovely little van quality build inside and out
Good luck with your trip and looking forward to seeing pics

Probably wont sleep tonight as pretty excited, head off tomorrow for 5 weeks in Norway, plan is to try and get all the way up to Tromso, with about 2 weeks in the Lofoten Islands en route. Van all packed and tin tent hitched so ready to roll first thing View attachment 47982 View attachment 47983 tomorrow am. Scary how much 'stuff ' is in the back of the van between bikes, inflatable kayak and paragliders, good job its a LWB. Will try and post pics/updates as we go.
If I'm correct, its a legal requirement to keep us informed of all your movements (oooeer!) & post photos. Failure to do so may result in you being called before the T6 tribunal.....Enjoy:thumbsup:

If I'm correct, its a legal requirement to keep us informed of all your movements (oooeer!) & post photos. Failure to do so may result in you being called before the T6 tribunal.....Enjoy:thumbsup:
No problem mate, maybe not all movements though:laugh:. Hopefully the wifi hotpsot that's in the van will allow us to post plenty pics whilst on the go, apologies in advance if there are too many...…...

Is the Eriba a Familia 310 ?
Had one many years ago lovely little van quality build inside and out
Good luck with your trip and looking forward to seeing pics

Its my parents 320, must admit I thought they were totally bonkers buying a caravan at their age (and at the price they paid for it) but its actually pretty neat and sits behind the T6 really well, most of the time you don't know its there.

Taking the van around norway is at the top of my bucket list. I wish you the best of the luck and please keep us updated with locations, travel tips and photos. :thumbsup:
I'm very jealous but excited for you.

Will do:)

Wow, jealous much. Have a great time, looking forward to reading and seeing the journal entries.
That trip has been on my to do list since I was lucky enough to be in Tromso working in 2017. Also made it up to Hammerfest but by air. There are some seriously remote places up there even by the standards of the Highlands.
Let us know how the roads are?

Wow, jealous much. Have a great time, looking forward to reading and seeing the journal entries.
That trip has been on my to do list since I was lucky enough to be in Tromso working in 2017. Also made it up to Hammerfest but by air. There are some seriously remote places up there even by the standards of the Highlands.
Let us know how the roads are?
Looking forward to it, all this years hols going in one go but be worth it.

IMG_20190729_104152.jpg 20190729_211244.jpg Wee update finally in Norway, journey pretty good apart from horrendous hold ups driving through Germany, 3 hours to do 70 odd miles. This is us waiting for the ferry from hirtshals to larvik. First night is dalen, the home of Telemark skiing. Van has coped brilliant so far, some pretty scary hairpins this evening. Second pic is a changing room for swimmers on the lake at dalen.

Some butt clenching hairpins today but made it one piece. Now in flam, absolutely stunning scenery all day:). New experience never driven in so many tunnels, longest one so far 11.7km and two of them had roundabouts on the way through, damn clever buggers these Norwegians. Makes you realise what crap infrastructure we have in the UK. Few more pics from today.

DSC02374 (2).JPG DSC02380 (2).JPG DSC02387 (2).JPG DSC02393 (2).JPG DSC02397 (2).JPG

Some butt clenching hairpins today but made it one piece. Now in flam, absolutely stunning scenery all day:). New experience never driven in so many tunnels, longest one so far 11.7km and two of them had roundabouts on the way through, damn clever buggers these Norwegians. Makes you realise what crap infrastructure we have in the UK. Few more pics from today.

View attachment 48251 View attachment 48252 View attachment 48253 View attachment 48254 View attachment 48255
Sat here in the rain looking at that pictures, absolutely stunning:thumbsup:

View from the caravan this evening. On the Atlantic road heading towards Trondheim. Second one is looking down on geiranger from the highest view point in Norway that allows you to see a fjord. More pics from last few days tomorrow laptop battery is done and wild camping tonight. Norway is a truly stunning place
IMG_20190801_203738.jpg
20190801_205509.jpg

Back