Nordics

WanderingCouple

T6 Pro
Hi all. Wasn’t sure where to post this so thought I would start here and someone can move me if needed!
We are planning a trip to the Nordics to take in Sweden, Norway and some of Finland this May/June time in our T6.
We will probably take the Chunnel and then drive up through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Northern Germany and then Denmark and cross the bridge into Sweden via Copenhagen. We have about 3-4 weeks in total.
Has anyone here done this trip recently?
If so are there any tips or recommendations on places to stay before we get to Sweden or in Sweden/Norway when we get there.
I’ve looked online but there doesn’t seem to be that much available so I thought I would check here.
Thanks!

We did the tunnel last summer and drove that same route to Norway. Only did Norway (obviously drove the E6 through Sweden to get there) so can’t help with Finland, Sweden etc.
We did nearly 5 weeks and made it as far as Tromso in the north of Norway.
Distances are vast and Finland is a hell of a way from Norway/Sweden. I’d maybe mark that down for a different trip.
I didn’t do the Oresund Bridge. There’s also another bridge to dross to get to Copenhagen before the Oresund crossing.
They are £25 and £65 each, each way. Tried to book the van for the bridge crossing and it was car (£65) or commercial vehicle (approx £200). Wasn’t happy to take the risk on being charged the extra when I got there.
We did two ferries instead:puttgarden to Rodby
and then Helsingborg to Helsingborg. You can book the two together as a deal on the Scandlines website and it’s £90. Saved a lot of driving as it’s virtually a straight line north from Germany to Sweden.
Also Helsingborg in Sweden is a really nice place. We spent a day there on the way home and stayed at the campervan Aire at the harbour and had beer and food at the bars and restaurants at the harbour.
It was months in the planning and I’ve got loads of tips and hints. Too much to put on here.
If you want DM me and I’ll speak to you directly.

I posted a few pics in the where have you been thread starting here:-

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a friend who lives in Tallinn and my other half has an aunt in Finland, so I've long thought of doing this road trip! Our boys are 14 and 16 so I think I need to wait a further four years. The overnight ferry out of Stockhom weaves its was though the archipelago of islands as the sun sets. He suggests taking a rear facing cabin and watching the sun go down as you pass the islands leaving Stockholm!
You can take the ferry from Stockholm to Tallinn or Helsinki, both are cities with beautiful old town centres.

Do update us on your trip, I'd like to see pictures and suggestions of where to stay. Dave C

Last edited:
Hi
We are also planning a 4 week trip in September 2024, we want to get right up to the north Cape for the photo opp.
What I’m wanting to know is, are campsites still open though September and are there plenty of fuel stations? as our fuel tank range is about 400 miles.. we could wild camp every other day but would like the use of camp sites also.
Can you get camping gaz exchange bottles?
Our plan is to drive the fastest route up to the north, (we both drive) then take the coastal route on the return journey,stopping off and do some of the sights, walks etc
As we live up north, we are going to take overnight ferry from Newcastle
We are saving up for this trip, very excited.
Thanks for any info

Back