KW V3 experience/reviews.

The Bear78

145 000 miles and just broken in!
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Good evening all.
After a couple of years on Solow's life has taken a different direction and I need more ground clearance as well as more off-road oriented tyres.
I could probably get away with fitting higher profile tyres for a slight height gain but realistically I'm going to need to change the suspension. I am currently undecided on exactly what to look at but can stretch to most options if the ride is worth the money.
To that end I am considering Koni Sport, BMVS Bilsteins and something from KW. Reviews of the Koni's speak for themselves and I intend to test drive a van from BMVS to see what their bespoke Bilstein kit is like. The one unknown therefore is KW.
I know that @Richard f has a bit of a hybrid KW V3 set up on his van but I have struggled to find anyone else to offer their experience. I'm not sure if the V1/STX option is particularly game changing so am really looking at the V3, even if the price is notably more than the other offerings.

Does anyone have experience of the KW V3's?. Can anyone offer another option?

For info, I have a 2016 LWB T32 140.

Cheers.

I can’t offer any useful help or opinions but have you seen they now do different height options on the Solows? Just an thought if you’re happy with the current ride quality..

SoLow LFT

SoLow NSL - Not so low

SoLow NXT

'Interesting to see their new models, Thank you.

With the original Solow's I never expected such a short travel shock to be comfortable. They are genuinely better than I thought they would be but coming from the same stable, I find it hard to believe that the NSL and NXT will be notably better.
I really need to drive some other vans to make a fair comparison.

Good evening all.
After a couple of years on Solow's life has taken a different direction and I need more ground clearance as well as more off-road oriented tyres.
I could probably get away with fitting higher profile tyres for a slight height gain but realistically I'm going to need to change the suspension. I am currently undecided on exactly what to look at but can stretch to most options if the ride is worth the money.
To that end I am considering Koni Sport, BMVS Bilsteins and something from KW. Reviews of the Koni's speak for themselves and I intend to test drive a van from BMVS to see what their bespoke Bilstein kit is like. The one unknown therefore is KW.
I know that @Richard f has a bit of a hybrid KW V3 set up on his van but I have struggled to find anyone else to offer their experience. I'm not sure if the V1/STX option is particularly game changing so am really looking at the V3, even if the price is notably more than the other offerings.

Does anyone have experience of the KW V3's?. Can anyone offer another option?

For info, I have a 2016 LWB T32 140.

Cheers.
There is one kit that is often overlooked in the coil over market which is flooded with tons of kits that pretty much all come from the same place and are all based on a sleeve over concept ( cheapest way to make a shock height adjustable) . There are a few issues with the design of these kits and whilst they are better than a standard van the results / cost ratio isnt the best you can get .

The H&R coil over kit is a proper height adjustable kit purpose built with a threaded body and nice range of adjustment 50 to 80 mm The issue with virtually every kit that has been mentioned above is the shock is too long to cope with the drop range they can do , this affects the ride quality and its a vitally important factor .

The H&R kit is fitted with KONI shocks so we dont need to guess what the ride will be like , they are the market leaders . This kit is TUV approved for use in Europe ( a lot of kits already mentioned aren't )

As the reference to the KW Variant 3 . i do believe we have fitted more than any other fitment centre in UK and it is a truly great kit , the biggest advantage is the stainless steel construction and the ability to adjust bump and rebound settings . ( no other kit has bump adjustment ) . Justifying the additional £1000.00 is hard i have to admit and its range isnt as big as the H&R kit is .35 to 65 mm
definitely has some bragging rights as does the H&R kit , both market leaders in reality

feel free to call us for more insight,

Back