Review: AbsoluT5 Audio

Just picked up my van today from Jason @Absolut5 ,
Choosing them after great reviews on here, visited him a few weeks back and he spent a good time chatting to me on options with the electrics, and where the diesel heater would go, booked in, and watched the days tick by before the drop off date was due.
Appreciated the call the day before as a reminder to drop the van off.
In a tight 2 day schedule, full electric hook up, ctek split charge, electric and lights, with a Webasto heater all done in the time stated.
Got a nice friendly call to say it all done completed, ready to pick up.

I am so chuffed with the professionalism and on time work, I would highly recommend.
I will definitely be going back for some sort of stereo upgrade.
And he has a good taste in colour of van.:):)

Thank you Jason. I cannot stop smiling. Enjoy your break.

Just had the signature audio system fitted to the van and what an amazing improvement!, the sound quality is absolutely fantastic!.

Nice Jbl sub under the passenger seat in a custom enclosure, Jbl Amp, hertz Millie component speaker and tweeters, and set of pioneers in the rear.

Great service and quality, highly recommended!.

Thanks Noel and Jason:thumbsup:

My first posting on here, but I'm so glad to read Absolute are going from strength to strength. I used them about seven years ago with my first T5, and they were brilliant. In fact, after eighteen months without the van we've decided to buy a new T6 we missed the whole thing so much, and people like Absolute are part of that experience, so take a bow guys..

Mentioned how happy i am with the works carried out by @Absolut5 on another thread, but @Fish correctly suggested a review/recommend of works done. Can't recommend highly enough. From start to finish, Jason, and Noel who i met at the end, were brilliant.
Works carried out:

Side bars and front end splitter: Supplied and fitted by Jason. Both solid and look great.

Three stage sound proofing, sound deadening, and insulating: What a difference. Sooo much quieter, every panel is solid, and opening and closing the side doors and tail gate feels much better.

Two tone carpet lining and bulkhead: This was my main reason for using Jason, and i was not disappointed. I wasn't after anything over the top with colours etc, i just wanted quality work done on it, and i was not let down. Where ever you look it just shows the attention to detail. I do seriously tip my cap to guys on this forum who take this job on because some of the areas look absolutely nuts to cover. This is obviously bread and butter to Jason and Noel, but so impressed.

LED internal cab lights : Massive improvement from factory lights. Could do some really effective interrogation off those bad boys.

Speakers: I know they are Kenwood and they are supposed to bring sound forward into the cab. Thats as far as i go on Tech knowledge. They look great fitted, and my drive home was filled with Morrissey, Radiohead, and Happy Mondays blaring out.

B14's : These have had a lot of hype on this forum, and now i have them i can honestly say the hype is justified. Fitted correctly obviously, and we agreed a height. Jason took this on board and i got exactly the look i was after. The look if i'm honest was a big factor, as the stock height is too much imo, but the feel of the van ( and i'm no expert in this field by a long shot) was stunning.
One negative. I got in the van fine for the drive home, and noticed i didn't have the obligatory empty costa cup in the cab, so i pulled over to get a coffee in a petrol station just outside Amesbury. Pulled on to a busy forecourt. Went to get out, caught my heel on the side bar, van obviously lower. I expected that extra fraction of a second to strike terrafirma, leg buckled. I now look like i'v just been pushed out the front door as a kid by my mum. Tried to style it out but by that time it was damage limitation on the embarrassment front.
Advice: Acclimatise to the difference in height.

Pendle Re-map: This wasn't on the original spec, but it turns out Jason is a Jedi, and did a mind trick on quite frankly a weak minded fool.
Jason: " We do Pendle Re-maps "
Me: " I want one " (I want an umpalumpa now!)
Not into the numbers, but the original 150 dsg now feels so responsive with so much to give going through all the gears.

Once again can't rate this company highly enough, and i'm not going to knock him for having a red t6 either.;)
( It was nice though).

Last edited:
I spoke to them before I had my system upgraded and they were very helpful l. Due to distance I had it done elsewhere but I haven’t heard any bad comments.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back