Retro Fit Cruise Control and MFSW in the midlands

Hi All this is my first post, after spending 6 years and an eye watering amount on restoring a T25 Camper, to then realise I was not the type of person to site in the inside lane at 50 watching the temperature gauge, I have sold it and bought a 2019 T6 Startline Camper with only 4,300 miles on the clock.

I am after some advise, I live in Solihull and would like to retrofit Cruise Control and if possible a multifunction steering wheel, can anyone tell me what is required and who may be the best person to fit for me.

I was also looking to get it chipped as it's only 101bhp but after reading other posts on here I think I will wait for the warranty to run out.

Regards

Richard.........

Reactions: CAB
Hi All this is my first post, after spending 6 years and an eye watering amount on restoring a T25 Camper, to then realise I was not the type of person to site in the inside lane at 50 watching the temperature gauge, I have sold it and bought a 2019 T6 Startline Camper with only 4,300 miles on the clock.

I am after some advise, I live in Solihull and would like to retrofit Cruise Control and if possible a multifunction steering wheel, can anyone tell me what is required and who may be the best person to fit for me.

I was also looking to get it chipped as it's only 101bhp but after reading other posts on here I think I will wait for the warranty to run out.

Regards

Richard.........
I’d contact @Eddcameron at VolksFit by phone (he doesn’t seem to be on the forum too much) for the electrical work.
Oh and welcome to the forum!

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Pootling along on the inside lane in a T25 is fun, though watching the temperature gauge less so. In your new van, you’ll be clipping along quite nicely even after adding the weight of a conversion! I’ve read many posts where the 102bhp isn’t suitable for a remap. Save your money (and warranty) and enjoy your van instead!

Look up Michael Sims on the T6 Facebook forums. He dose the steering wheels in a couple of hours and is not too far from you.

Hi All contacted Edd and VolksFit and he said he would look into it and get back to me, chased him several times now and no response to phone calls, text or WhatsApp, just wondering if the T6.1 MFSW and my T6 are compatible the airbag appears to be the same.

My wife has also trying to contact Michael Sims via Facebook as surgested.

Hi All contacted Edd and VolksFit and he said he would look into it and get back to me, chased him several times now and no response to phone calls, text or WhatsApp, just wondering if the T6.1 MFSW and my T6 are compatible the airbag appears to be the same.

My wife has also trying to contact Michael Sims via Facebook as surgested.
T6.1 MFSW are not compatible electronically with T6 but you can use MQB converter and get it installed 100% successfully.

• Love
Reactions: mmi
Got hold of Edd today, he has proposed to his Girlfriend and she said yes so they are getting married on Christmas Eve so he has had distractions. He said he will do some research and get back to me.

Really appreciate your response, is it a difficult/ costly to do and any other people who could do it if Edd is too busy.

Really appreciate your response, is it a difficult/ costly to do and any other people who could do it if Edd is too busy.
You can build converter yourself, all info and instructions are available online for free, overall cost is marginal.

Alternatively you could buy already built unit and get it installed yourself (almost plug&play).

Reactions: mmi
Back