Red Cables Under Passenger Seat [Merge]

hi guys just had a 17 plate t6 euro 6 delivered with factory swivels i have that fat wire and its just taped up not connected, can this be used with a ring 30 amp battery to battery charger the manufacturer says it needs a 6mm2 cable but it can take any size up to 16mm2 i am told these new b2b chargers dont need fat cable to supply them is this true and will that very handy unused thickish cable work it - same as in pic suspect its 10 or 12 mm2

My first question would be. Where is that cable fed from?

If it is intended to be the feed for a second battery I would expect to find that it is fed from fuse 3 in the 'E' Box below the battery. If you have LED lights getting the top off the 'E' Box (and re-fitting it) is a bit of a pain but can be done without taking the headlight out. I did it yesterday!

All the discussion about split charge has already been had on here earlier this year. I've fitted a Ring B2B but not got it in service yet so cannot comment on its abilities, I will also be connecting a 100W PV (Solar) panel and will have two leisure batteries probably AGM.

Rod

no leds so will have a look i expect fuse 3 is 50 or 100 amp which either way assume will provide enough power to the ringcharge30 , it will make for a nice neat install

Have fitted quite a few of the Ring units now and they seem to work well for the money. Just be aware that they do chuck out some heat when the fan kicks in and they also flash up some spurious fault codes for a second or so as the load changes but nothing to be concerned about.

Have fitted quite a few of the Ring units now and they seem to work well for the money. Just be aware that they do chuck out some heat when the fan kicks in and they also flash up some spurious fault codes for a second or so as the load changes but nothing to be concerned about.

Many thanks for your reply, DO you think the spare red feed will be ok, after doing some research i suspect it be will be fed with a 50 or 100 amp fuse from the e fuse box no.3

My plan was a banner 100ah battery under the passengers then the ring under the drivers with an eber underslide of the drivers with the flow and return coming up behind the ring unit, access would be easy when the drivers side was swivelled for the ring settings, reading the control panels etc etc

HELP !!!!
I've just picked up a used T6 highline after owning several T5 s all of which I had professionally converted but now I have decided to do the convention myself. (MUST Be MAD!!)
Anyone out there that can give advise on fitting the electrics?

Sorry to bend off from the topic, but does this mean I could use this cable to power an amp to save me running one from the battery? It's a JL Audio 500 and a back of an envelope calculation says it would draw a max of about 42A

I am looking at the diagram above, out of interest (i.e. if i ever want to offer anyone a jump etc.) where are the earth terminals 614 or 714?... as i cannot find them in the engine bay. If anyone has a photo that would be great... I know some manufactures actually have a earth point with a post bolted on so you can get leads onto a good earth...

Just thinking with all this cold weather its an appropriate question...

If you have a Bluemotion T6 then don't use the -ve battery terminal, I think you will see a warning telling you not to.

Any other good main structure clean metal point will do for the -ve jumper lead. If my memory serves me correctly the starter earth point is bolted to the chassis below the ABS unit on a RHD T6, not easy to get to!
Remember when it says 'right' in the diagram above it means on the right side of the vehicle looking from the rear, i.e. our UK driver's side. It's easy to be confused when looking in under the bonnet.

Rod

Thanks, i knew not to use the terminal on the battery, but i may have been looking on the wrong side of the van :) . I would expect VW to make it clearer what neg/chassis point to use and put what near the starter battery...

Hi all, does anyone know what these unused tapped up red cables are. They seem to be joined together . I was looking for a way off fitting a small fuse box to power additional socket and light feed etc . They are under passenger highline combi seat.Thanks for any advice you may have

88596261-2799-4A55-BC84-BE0288F3FD5D.jpeg

They are indeed power feeds from your main battery, which run through a fuse in the e-box.
Have a search across all forums for ‘e-box’ and you’ll find a bit more info.
I take it your van is a Euro 5 (non AdBlu)?

They are indeed power feeds from your main battery, which run through a fuse in the e-box.
Have a search across all forums for ‘e-box’ and you’ll find a bit more info.
I take it your van is a Euro 5 (non AdBlu)?
Hi , It’s 2018 Euro 6 with addblue .

Back