Recommendations for Croatia

We went to Croatia including Krk in spring 2018. Lovely country and friendly people. We took a toll free route from Calais - Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia. We were touring for 2 months so no rush! :cool: We use free Aires as much as we can travelling down and back.

Krk is easy to access as it is by bridge. We also took the ferry to Brac during our trip. That was amazing - paradise!

We will definitely be going back to Croatia and also spending more time in Slovenia. :thumbsup:

Enjoy.

We went to Croatia including Krk in spring 2018. Lovely country and friendly people. We took a toll free route from Calais - Belgium, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia. We were touring for 2 months so no rush! :cool: We use free Aires as much as we can travelling down and back.

Krk is easy to access as it is by bridge. We also took the ferry to Brac during our trip. That was amazing - paradise!

We will definitely be going back to Croatia and also spending more time in Slovenia. :thumbsup:

Enjoy.
Thanks , I would like to do some real touring like you guys , but that’s a few years off , my other half works and I have a second family 11 and 14 , but plan is in time to do a couple of months .

Anyone done this trip recently? Looking at going next year In our new T6.1… be looking at camping and probably going for two weeks,
would like info on routes, campsites in Croatia and any other useful items

@Carlwaynie. We've been to Croatia quite a few times but this year was our first time in the van. Suggest you search for my more recent posts in 'Where Have You Been In Your Van Today?'. We got home three weeks ago after a month on the road and travelled to Croatia via France, Germany, Austria and Slovenia. Neither of us works so time is not an issue and I appreciate that not everybody else has got the luxury but I would suggest that two weeks is not really long enough unless you get in quite as few miles every day (we tend to take our time and usually only spend 5 or 6 hours a day driving as we believe in the old adage that the journey can be as rewarding as the destination). You haven't said what sort of holiday you're looking for but assuming the beach and taking into account of the length of the journey to get to Croatia, I reckon Istria and/or the Northern Adriatic are your best bets (ie. the nearest stretches of the Croatian coastline once you get in-country). Going further along the coast to, say, Split would take another day - IIRC, it's about 250 miles with Dubrovnik another 140 odd (and it's not all motorway) but they're both very nice places for a holiday. It would be a shame to go all that way and not do the country justice but you could always use it as an excuse to go back. As mentioned above, have look at my posts and feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers Ayjay, I will definitely have a look at your post … we have been to Dubrovnik so would probably do the northern coast and maybe Split but still early stages of planning.. like you said two weeks may not be enough

It's posts - I reported on all the sites that we stopped at during the trip.

Back