Day van or full camper?

Hi just wondering what your 6 month old slept in or how you set up sleeping arrangements? We have a 7 month old and want to plan a trip in our van soon
similar to post above, we used a Stitches & Steel front bunk across the front seats (essentially a padded base with mesh sides)

He’s now 15 months and we’re away for 1st time this year this weekend, so will see if it still contains him now he’s mobile!

similar to post above, we used a Stitches & Steel front bunk across the front seats (essentially a padded base with mesh sides)

He’s now 15 months and we’re away for 1st time this year this weekend, so will see if it still contains him now he’s mobile!
Let me know how you get on
We put our little one across the front seats in a sleepy head inside a dog hammock type thing with mesh sides so they couldn’t climb / fall out.
that looks like a good option. Does your little one sleep well in it?

I went day van based on the fact that I do more stuff than camping and putting bikes and days out into a full camper is a pain the ass.
I can do everything a full camper can do and more.

If i want to keep things cold. I plug in a 12v portable fridge.
If i want to clean, I fill up a washing bowl with water.
If i want to cook, I BBQ or use one of my two camping gas cookers.
For extended camping I have a drive way awning, which most full campers seem to always have too.

I went day van based on the fact that I do more stuff than camping and putting bikes and days out into a full camper is a pain the ass.
I can do everything a full camper can do and more.

If i want to keep things cold. I plug in a 12v portable fridge.
If i want to clean, I fill up a washing bowl with water.
If i want to cook, I BBQ or use one of my two camping gas cookers.
For extended camping I have a drive way awning, which most full campers seem to always have too.
Same here, and its been super useful, I couldn’t have done this with a full conversion :) Just removed my bed with two screws and a few bits and off I went.

48027BDA-3168-4FAC-800C-64C016201AAD.jpeg

Back