Rain Closing

I got excited and had a look. Mine is already ticked so I guess it doesn't work.

I don’t see how it can as the bcu shuts down power after 15minutes, but might work for a short while after turning off..

I have had a go with this a wile back and it would not work. I did try it with the hose pipe, locked/unlocked etc...but no go. I am very sad i no :)

I had it on my RS4, but only worked when you held the open or close (lock/unlock)button on the keyfob for few seconds, think it's spose to be to save you going outside in the rain.

Although this also has it's down sides, like when you sit on the fob and it opens ALL windows in the p1ssing rain and you don't notice for hours...

It definitely doesn't work on mine. I've often left my window open when working at a customers and it's rained, only to find my door panel soaked, or even my drivers seat.

I think there is a hope:whistle:
Meanwhile... in case you've missed a few links about coding challenges on another platform below. These are fairly old but as the electronics on T6 are fairly old there seems to be some commonalities.

---> VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7 - Page 23
---> Help for Rain Closing | OBDeleven

Also some data of rain/light sensors installed on T6:
upload_2019-12-14_10-22-25.png

upload_2019-12-14_10-31-5.png

upload_2019-12-14_10-24-53.png

upload_2019-12-14_10-45-42.png
It seems that the six digit string right after "RLS" is build date (as "270519" above) and the rest are presumably software revision.
EDIT: The coding difference above is because of heated/non-heated windscreen.

For the experimenting a quote from the link above:
upload_2019-12-14_10-35-13.png

I think it would be useful for trials if we could create artificial rain e.g. a cloth on a stick touching the sensor. Anyone to verify if it works when wipers are on with ignition/engine on?

PS. Edit
upload_2019-12-15_19-47-17.png

Last edited:
Meanwhile... in case you've missed a few links about coding challenges on another platform below. These are fairly old but as the electronics on T6 are fairly old there seems to be some commonalities.

---> VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7 - Page 23
---> Help for Rain Closing | OBDeleven

Also some data of rain/light sensors installed on T6:
It seems that the six digit string right after "RLS" is build date (as "270519" above) and the rest are presumably software revision.

For the experimenting a quote from the link above:

I think it would be useful for trials if we could create artificial rain e.g. a cloth on a stick touching the sensor. Anyone to verify if it works when wipers are on with ignition/engine on?

If you send me a guide for dummies Im willing to give it a try.

nice work . . . so whats everyone missed?

just coding tweeks?

the thing that stands out to me is amount/duration of water needed on the sensor - if i was testing that, i would have used half the water, seen it didnt work and moved on. =] (and prob missed the result with correct coding etc)

There is no coding for the amount of water to be poured nor duration of the rain. If the sensor detects water(rain fall) it closes all windows immediately.
Your impression is only the result of how rain sensor detects rain.
I have performed number of tests and windows close once the first drop of water lands on the sensor.
It was jus unfortunate that I picked these videos for public viewing.
Another video to back my statement below.

Last edited:
Reactions: mmi
Right, this is cool. How can I get it in my new van? Why isn’t it an option you can activate via the settings as standard...

must stop browsing this forum!

Back