Rain Closing

Where there's a will there's a way ;).
See below the results of my code cracking :thumbsup:.
Works in both scenarios when vehicle is locked and unlocked :cool:.
Excuse me the squeak, forgot to lubricate the windows :laugh:.

Great work there, but one last test, will it still work after the bcu has gone to sleep say 30 minutes later?

most of the subsystems go to sleep . . .
but dont forget there are still BCM related systems that are running.
  • Alarm & imobiliser, BCM?
  • RF remote receiver, BCM?
  • battery shunt monitor ECM/BMC?
so maybe the RLS LIN/BCM could still be awake for this to function 24/7?
even if they just "pole" the circuit or device periodically / every so often.? - low power mode?
there might be an easy way to test it . . .
if they use IR LEDs to detect the rain . . . then we should be able to use the phones camera to see the IR LED..
with ignition on . . . then after 60min sleep ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: mmi
Think I got it here....

Very dim vertical line IR.. you can see with the phone camera right on the glass...

With ignition on. And auto wipers on....

20200515_110048.jpg20200515_110013.jpg

20200515_110351.jpg

Hey @Robert

Have you a link to what you coded on this, any parts req'd? or did you follow just the Golf Mk7 as listed before?

Cheers mister
This was coding modification only and no extra hardware is required apart from VCDS.
As everyone is aware Golf MK7 is a MQB vehicle and rain closing configuration is different to PQ25 platform.
I am out of the country for the next 6 days but when I get back I try to review my notes and put some guidance here :thumbsup:.

This was coding modification only and no extra hardware is required apart from VCDS. As everyone is aware Golf MK7 is a MQB vehicle and rain closing configuration is different to PQx5 platform.
I am out of the country for the next 6 days but when I get back I try to review my notes and put some guidance here :thumbsup:.

My hero, swoon lol. No rush, have a fun few days out in desolation, mayhem & the unknown, stay safe!!

This was coding modification only and no extra hardware is required apart from VCDS. As everyone is aware Golf MK7 is a MQB vehicle and rain closing configuration is different to PQx5 platform.
Have you stayed abroad @Robert. Any chance you got back to Blighty to help us all set up this mod?

cheers

I should have some spare time next week so will try to post more details.
Basically there are two Bytes in the BCM to be modified, one Byte in RLS unit and possibly (as far as I remember now) one Byte in drivers door module.

My first attempt to share this mod ...

Apply the following coding modifications:

(X) ---> any letter

BCM - 09 7E0937090(X)
Byte 3 should to be set to BF(hex)
Byte 4 should to be set to 48(hex)

RLS - Subsystem 1 5K7955559(X)
Byte 0 has to be changed from 02(hex) to 07(hex) ---> effectively bit 0 & bit 2 need to be ticked

DOOR MODULE - Subsystem 2 - 7E0 959 801(X)
Let's try with default coding

DOOR MODULE - Subsystem 3 - 7E0 959 802(X)

Once coding is completed make sure that "one-touch" function works on both front door windows.

If not, perform restoring window one-touch operation from driver switches.
• Close all windows and doors.
• Pull up both switches for the windows and hold them in this position for at least one second.
• Let go of the switches then pull them up again and hold them in this position until you hear click.

Alternative methods of restoring window one-touch operation below.
one-to10.png - Click to see more photos on ServImg

Next step is to leave windscreen wiper stalk in AUTO position while ignition is ON.
Lower your window/windows partly/fully down.
Then switch OFF ignition and close all doors.

Now you can spray/splash/sprinkle water on your windscreen RLS sensor in two scenarios ( vehicle unlocked & vehicle locked ).

Please report if it works without changing door module coding.

My first attempt to share this mod ...

Apply the following coding modifications:

(X) ---> any letter

BCM - 09 7E0937090(X)
Byte 3 should to be set to BF(hex)
Byte 4 should to be set to 48(hex)

RLS - Subsystem 1 5K7955559(X)
Byte 0 has to be changed from 02(hex) to 07(hex) ---> effectively bit 0 & bit 2 need to be ticked

DOOR MODULE - Subsystem 2 - 7E0 959 801(X)

DOOR MODULE - Subsystem 3 - 7E0 959 802(X)

Once coding is completed make sure that "one-touch" function works on both front door windows.

If not, perform restoring window one-touch operation from driver switches.
• Close all windows and doors.
• Pull up both switches for the windows and hold them in this position for at least one second.
• Let go of the switches then pull them up again and hold them in this position until you hear click.

Alternative method of restoring window one-touch operation is below.

Next step is to leave windscreen wiper stalk in AUTO position while ignition is ON.
Lower your window/windows partly/fully down.
Then switch OFF ignition and close all doors.

Now you can spray/splash/sprinkle water on your windscreen RLS sensor in two scenarios ( vehicle unlocked & vehicle locked ).

Please report if it works without changing door module coding.
Can this be done via OBD11?

Back