Project "lovely little camper" underway

OEM if you can, all day long:thumbsup: All looks very tidy; you're not taking photos for a Haynes Manual, are you?

Wow just picked up this tread, You have a balls I will say, I might do something like that when restoring car or van for that matter but getting a brand spanker and ripping it apart like that takes some doing. Love to see the dealers face when they get it for PDI. :thumbsup:

Finished the install of my Rainbow speaker upgrade (thanks to absolute T5) in front doors and wires for JL audio in the rear. I didn't bother to opt for the full kit with amp and sub, this seems like a very good compromise for very good sound quality while staying in a reasonable price range, the OEM discovery unit does not seem to struggle with driving the speakers. I will see how they are once driving the van in a few weeks, I can also add amp down the road.
Next moving into sound deading on the floors etc, I opted for custom Accustics options here with three different grads of sound mats. I took down the headliner and done above that, is this something people generally do!
Getting closer to finished product so excited to see the finished result

I am installing glass on the rear quarter panels onto the metal work. I was going to put black stick vinyl into the panels and then tint the OEM glass. Or is it a better job to spray the panels black, think I asked this question a few months ago and people went for stick in option

Awesome build thread with some nice mods. Those wheels are a nice find. You're giving me the inspiration I need to tackle more of my conversion jobs myself. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ed, it's coming along nicely but it's a lot of work all at once to get through with normal dud to day life squashed in too!

Returned from holidays and back into the depth of this mammot task, there is a lot of work in full conversion at once. You get a good approbation for what profession converters do and the justified accossiated costs!
So I have the dash now complete and looks great, I avoided have the gap in the carpet under the centre console by moulding the tunnels with heat gun and putting 10mm sound deadening mat onto it, so anyone fitting it look at pics below and ask if you need more info.
I am now recapturing my wheel arches as I was not happy with the finish after carpeting over the sound deadening I fitted. The carpet caused the deadening to lift and was bubbling in places and I had plenary of glue in there, so with A professional and was advised to leave it if and carpet direct to arch which I must say looks way better finish. I can always add the deadening mat from underside by removing wheel arch outside if I feel it's necessary.

One piece ceiling worked out fine and installed with hidden clips, AC in vetted console working good and cools well if you want too keep a drink cold. Install dash cam which works fine also. Three way light switching to be completed this evening. Then into finishing electrics fir battery and inverted which I must pop a question in relevant section for

Just finished footwell lighting which is a great addition for a small price from pauly, always the simple little things can add great effect!

Back