Price of diesel in your area?

It seems that lots of people simply don’t look at prices and just fill up - and hence why prices don’t come down ….
Lots of people think they know which garage is usually cheapest and head for that. One garage near us has been consistently cheapest in the area for the past year but it’s not quite the cheapest now but still people queuing onto the road outside (despite it having no fuel today!)

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
I was in Eastbourne yesterday and saw diesel below £1.70 for the first time in what feels like a lifetime. So I filled her up thinking £1.68 was amazing (but still crying inside at how much a full tank costs)

Its still £1.74 where I live, just 13 miles up the road! The thieving b@stards! :mad:

Reactions: CAB
That’s good for unleaded, 30p difference between the two, diesel meh, but better.
Perhaps I should have put £1.3?

I rarely look at the price of unleaded as our petrol cars are little Polo's with tiny tanks that don't need filling very often. I just remember seeing that it was one pound and something beginning with a three.

The level of apathy in this country is beyond belief, and has got us to exactly where we are today. It's either big business or government or both that are taking us for mugs, and as long as Strictly or the Jungle are there to distract us, the masses can't be *****ed to change. I shop around for everything, and the savings may not be massive, but over the course of a year, I bet they add up to quite a few hundred pounds.

The level of apathy in this country is beyond belief, and has got us to exactly where we are today. It's either big business or government or both that are taking us for mugs, and as long as Strictly or the Jungle are there to distract us, the masses can't be *****ed to change. I shop around for everything, and the savings may not be massive, but over the course of a year, I bet they add up to quite a few hundred pounds.
How much time do you spend shopping round for everything? How much value do you value your time? Is that worth a few £100 a year? If so great but I don’t understand people who shop at multiple supermarkets to save a few quid on sausages. There has to be a balance but I do hate myself every time I choose not to buy something because I can’t get it on the Amazon app, that is what is killing the economy

How much time do you spend shopping round for everything? How much value do you value your time? Is that worth a few £100 a year? If so great but I don’t understand people who shop at multiple supermarkets to save a few quid on sausages. There has to be a balance but I do hate myself every time I choose not to buy something because I can’t get it on the Amazon app, that is what is killing the economy
It's certainly killing the high-street.

Out of town retail parks started that, Amazon and the like are finishing the job.

I always considered the retail parks to sell the stuff you need, whereas the high street sells the stuff you don't.

My Father in law will often drive to a town 10 miles away from the town he lives in order to save 5p on a loaf of bread. He drives a 4.6 litre Range Rover.
Yeah, makes perfick sense. :rolleyes:

I have to say, the few times I bought out of Amazon or John Lewis or IKEA the experience was terrible. Had to beg for returning the items I bought, refund after months when I was lucky. Sometimes I gave up because the refund process was so complicated and such a waste of time chatting to customer care.
I bought a sofa from IKEA, expensive for IKEA, 1000 pounds. I have complained the fabric was discoloured. They sent me a new sofa and didn’t take my old one back.
This shows you that sofa costed less than 100 quid to IKEA but hey, I got a new sofa . Same with John Lewis, bought before Christmas a very expensive electric blender.
I have left it on the edge of the table and my cat knocked it down and broke the plastic to hold it straight. Talked to customer service and they shipped a new one 2 days later.

I have to say, the few times I bought out of Amazon or John Lewis or IKEA the experience was terrible. Had to beg for returning the items I bought, refund after months when I was lucky. Sometimes I gave up because the refund process was so complicated and such a waste of time chatting to customer care.
I bought a sofa from IKEA, expensive for IKEA, 1000 pounds. I have complained the fabric was discoloured. They sent me a new sofa and didn’t take my old one back.
This shows you that sofa costed less than 100 quid to IKEA but hey, I got a new sofa . Same with John Lewis, bought before Christmas a very expensive electric blender.
I have left it on the edge of the table and my cat knocked it down and broke the plastic to hold it straight. Talked to customer service and they shipped a new one 2 days later.
Both those experiences sound like the opposite of terrible.

£1.69.9 at Morrisons north west Leeds today. I filled up in Colne, Lancashire, for £1.63.9 the other day, Leeds feels like it's expensive to fill up. Why the huge variations? and why is unleaded massively cheaper these days?

Back