Portable power station instead of a leisure battery?

stevemorg1

VIP Member
Have just put an Amdro boot jump in my LWB Kombi was about to get a leisure battery install booked when I came across the PPT Powerpack 100. Since I've had a look at some others but I was wondering what people's views on here are - my T6 is Euro 6 so will need B2B charging and TBH a power station just seems to be a lot less hassle - the PPT100 may be a little small in capacity so any advice would be appreciated re. that or any other brands/models

I had the same dilemma, so using @Dellmassive's fab "how I done it" series built my own portable box. £500 Lithium battery and £200 ish in parts and I have a carry-able box that will do everything I want. The bonus is that I can use in my motorhome as well!

I don't currently have a B2B in the T6, but could easily add one. Thats the benefit of designing and building your own.

Good luck:thumbsup:

Hi all.... In most cases it’s how you charge up the batteries...On the move ..I use Ctek and when camping use solar via Ctek ...but I also piggyback a battery box to Charge on solar.. Once charged can move it wherever I need it
Both are AGM not gone Lithium yet ..that’s a future thing....Many ways to add power it’s what’s good for you :thumbsup:

Cant take any credit... @Dellmassive

A1124A55-6BFF-4128-B226-4ECB2A7DB03D.jpeg

I was just looking at this. I'm not kitting out the van with a lot of electrical items, perhaps a cool box and then the need to charge a phone.

There seems to be a lot about a Jackery unit? Jackery 500 looks a decent bit of kit, bit pricey. Perhaps thinking of a DC-DC charging this.

Also came across another Lithium option but the price tag made my eyes water... eza-80-lithium-power-pack

I've bought a PPT1 power pack to try out but I think I'm going to fit a leisure battery set-up. probably with some solar capabilty

I was just looking at this. I'm not kitting out the van with a lot of electrical items, perhaps a cool box and then the need to charge a phone.

There seems to be a lot about a Jackery unit? Jackery 500 looks a decent bit of kit, bit pricey. Perhaps thinking of a DC-DC charging this.

Also came across another Lithium option but the price tag made my eyes water... eza-80-lithium-power-pack
Hi I'm totally totally new here just getting windows put in next week and have decided I dont want electric at the moment so was looking at using the jackery 500 and a 100w solar panel to run a 3 way cool box that way I can use gas outside in the day and the jackery at night ...did u get one I. The end and did it work ok?

have a look at these . .

Hi I'm totally totally new here just getting windows put in next week and have decided I dont want electric at the moment so was looking at using the jackery 500 and a 100w solar panel to run a 3 way cool box that way I can use gas outside in the day and the jackery at night ...did u get one I. The end and did it work ok?
Check the power usage carefully, a 3-way absorption fridge is less efficient than a compressor on 12v. Very good on gas though.

Hi, i'm pretty new to this too. Haven't had the cash to get it yet but i'm keen on Jackery style unit. i think it offers more flexibility and its easier on the wallet.

check this new one out . .

View attachment 129504

View attachment 129505

gosh this seems an extreme use... 1631024530129.png

nice. the ECOFLOW river gets good reviews too i think.
yes they are awsome . .

i have one - its my fave atm.

1631028100199.png

Quite common, positive pressure CPAP machine to use overnight.

Just wait till you're fat and old, you may have to give up the bread :fast rofl:
Yes, but not likely to give up the national grid in my bedroom

• Haha
Reactions: CAB
Hi, i'm pretty new to this too. Haven't had the cash to get it yet but i'm keen on Jackery style unit. i think it offers more flexibility and its easier on the wallet.
Yer I hummed and haaad and in the end decided to go with the electrics, it will be my every day van too so have been assured that the leisure battery will get topped up, I did weigh up the price and the guy that's doing my conversion is offering a great price, not that much more than the jackery and two solar panels, also will make the van more sellable should I want to sell. The guys on here are awesome with all the information available so a great big thanks to all

Back