Portable Power Packs - LifePo4 Battery Boxes -- How I done It --

EcoFlow RIVER 2 Durability Test - Will it Survive?​

1672761900460.png

Morning Dellmassive ,
i`m looking to buy a portable battery but want one that can also run a small electric heater , do you have any recommendations as to the best battery to use and best low watt heater?
thanks Y-NOT

Morning Dellmassive ,
i`m looking to buy a portable battery but want one that can also run a small electric heater , do you have any recommendations as to the best battery to use and best low watt heater?
thanks Y-NOT
electric heaters are very power hungry and will drain any battery pack fairly fast.

the issue is normally recharging the battery pack fast enough for the next drain down cycle . . . ( assuming winter as a heater is needed and solar is low, and not on EHU and engine run would be needed to recharge)

so what heater are you looking at? - well look at the specs and see what battery is suitable.

Morning Dellmassive ,
thanks Y-NOT
Hi. I used this in Austria in October. But it will run down my Jackery 1000w in 2 hours. On an EHU it really does keep the van warm.

Last edited:
Morning Dellmassive ,
thanks Y-NOT
I experimented with an 800W portable oil-filled radiator that I use when on EHU, powered by a fully charged Ecoflow Delta 2, in my office during the cold spell last December. My office is our smallest bedroom, so barely more than a box room, and of course this was inside an insulated house. Once up to temperature, the radiator switched off and on due to the thermostat, so there wasn’t a constant drain on the Ecoflow. Even so, it barely lasted the afternoon and certainly took more out of the battery than the 220w solar panels could put back in (in winter sunshine).
When in the van, on EHU, the 800W radiator seems more then enough to keep the inside cosy, so a smaller version might be sufficient and save a bit.

Heating with an electric heater on a battery pack will always drain it down very fast, no matter what size the battery pack is.

Unfortunately it's just not a very efficient way of heating.

The same is true for cooking as well.

It's more efficient to use a gas burner to boil water, and a diesel heater to warm The van.

That being said it is possible to run induction hobs for cooking and small electric heaters for heat provided you have enough battery capacity and means to recharge the battery bank.

Portable battery packs like the Delta are great but the limiting factor is always the recharge rate.... Ie 8A from the vans 12v system.

Heating with an electric heater on a battery pack will always drain it down very fast, no matter what size the battery pack is.

Unfortunately it's just not a very efficient way of heating.

The same is true for cooking as well.

It's more efficient to use a gas burner to boil water, and a diesel heater to warm The van.

That being said it is possible to run induction hobs for cooking and small electric heaters for heat provided you have enough battery capacity and means to recharge the battery bank.

Portable battery packs like the Delta are great but the limiting factor is always the recharge rate.... Ie 8A from the vans 12v system.
7 hours from 0 - 100% charge time on my Jackery 1000w. 148w charging from mains. The newer models are a lot faster.

Yeh. Most of the Anker and EcoFlow units are now fast charge from the mains..... Like 600w - 1200w plus... Fast!

ALLPOWERS new 4000W,3600Wh beast :

ALLPOWERS R4000 power station​

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

20% OFF Offer! Now £2799.67

1673972819264.png

1673972581458.png1673972731950.png1673972717454.png1673972654487.png

General Info​

Net weight:
Approximately 45KG (99lbs)
Size:
540*490*300mm ( 21.25*19.29*11.81in )
Battery capacity:
3600wh 48V
Wi-Fi:
Supported
Bluetooth:
Supported
UPS (uninterruptible power supply):
Supported

Input Ports​

AC Input Voltage:
100V 15A / 110-120V 12.5A / 220-240V 10A(Max.) 50Hz/60Hz
Solar Charge:
12 -150V MPPT 40A Max, 2000W Max
Car Charger:
Supports 12V/24V
AC Charging + Solar Charge:
4000W Max
EV Charging Station + Solar Charge:
4000W Max

Output Ports​

AC output (*4):
Pure Sine Wave
100V-120V 3600W (peak 6000W);
220V-240V 4000W (peak 6000W);
USB-A (*2):
5V2.4A 12W
USB-A Fast charge (*2):
5V2.4A, 9V2A; 12V1.5A 18W
USB-C (*2): 5/9/12/15/20V 5A;
100W Max per port, total 200W
Car cigarette output:
12V-10A, 120W Max
RV output:
100V-120V 3000W; 220V-240V 3000W;

Battery Info​

Battery type:
LFP Lithium Iron Phosphate
Cycle life:
3500 cycles to 80%+ capacity
Protection type:
High temperature protection, Low temperature protection, Over discharge protection, Over charge protection, Overload protection, Short circuit protection, Over current protection

ALLPOWERS new 4000W,3600Wh beast :

ALLPOWERS R4000 power station​

20% OFF Offer! Now £2799.67

View attachment 185254

View attachment 185250View attachment 185253View attachment 185252View attachment 185251

General Info​

Net weight:
Approximately 45KG (99lbs)
Size:
540*490*300mm ( 21.25*19.29*11.81in )
Battery capacity:
3600wh 48V
Wi-Fi:
Supported
Bluetooth:
Supported
UPS (uninterruptible power supply):
Supported

Input Ports​

AC Input Voltage:
100V 15A / 110-120V 12.5A / 220-240V 10A(Max.) 50Hz/60Hz
Solar Charge:
12 -150V MPPT 40A Max, 2000W Max
Car Charger:
Supports 12V/24V
AC Charging + Solar Charge:
4000W Max
EV Charging Station + Solar Charge:
4000W Max

Output Ports​

AC output (*4):
Pure Sine Wave
100V-120V 3600W (peak 6000W);
220V-240V 4000W (peak 6000W);
USB-A (*2):
5V2.4A 12W
USB-A Fast charge (*2):
5V2.4A, 9V2A; 12V1.5A 18W
USB-C (*2): 5/9/12/15/20V 5A;
100W Max per port, total 200W
Car cigarette output:
12V-10A, 120W Max
RV output:
100V-120V 3000W; 220V-240V 3000W;

Battery Info​

Battery type:
LFP Lithium Iron Phosphate
Cycle life:
3500 cycles to 80%+ capacity
Protection type:
High temperature protection, Low temperature protection, Over discharge protection, Over charge protection, Overload protection, Short circuit protection, Over current protection
45kg wow.

I’ve recently had a problem with my Ecoflow Delta 2 - it would not charge beyond 30%.
I had the minimum charge level set to 10%, and it would drain to that, but would then not charge beyond 30% whether from the 220W solar panel or from mains. This was of some concern, as it is only two months or so old.
I contacted Ecoflow customer support (by email) and they responded very quickly suggesting that I carry out a SOC (State Of Charge?) calibration by discharging to 0% and recharging to 100%, and repeating this 3 times. Obviously I had to set the discharge limit down to 0% first.
On the first discharge (using an 800W heater) it rapidly dropped down to 1%, but then carried on supplying power for several hours while still showing just 1% charge. This led me to believe that the displayed charge was not a true reflection of the actual charge and where it had been showing 30%, it had actually been at 100%, meaning that the 10% cut-off point was probably 80% charge.
Following that first discharge, it did then charge to 100% and after the first charge/recharge cycle, I repeated it twice more as suggested.
So the issue seems resolved for but I am concerned that, with the limits now set to the recommended 20%-80% range, it might occur again unless a firmware update at some point fixes it.
I leave my unit plugged into the solar panel permanently (when not camping) and use it to recharge devices etc. But I have noticed that it turns on when it detects an input from the solar panel, but will then stay on unless I turn it off, and being turned on does use some noticeable power. So I have started turning it off when the sun goes down.

BMS drift is a normal thing and not normally a fault,

It's normally caused by either a charge or discharge thats bellow the point the BMS can detect.

Or a charge or discharge of the cells with the BMS off so it's not calculated.

It's fairly easy to correct with a full charge top Ballance.... Just keep the charger connected untill no more power is absorbed.

That will normally recallibrate the 100% soc point.

More info over here ---}

Has anyone got/tried the Ecoflow River 2 Pro? It's back in stock and I'm thinking I could save £350 buying one of these rather than the Delta 2...

I've got the EF River 2.

Not the Pro version.

Basically the same unit, just smaller.

I've got the EF River 2.

Not the Pro version.

Basically the same unit, just smaller.
Thanks Lee. I’m confident the Pro unit will do all I need a portable unit to do. We’re not doing long trips off grid. I have a leisure electrics install for when I am on an EHU to recharge everything and solar. The money I save buying the Pro over the Delta 2 might in time go towards a portable solar panel.

Thanks Lee. I’m confident the Pro unit will do all I need a portable unit to do. We’re not doing long trips off grid. I have a leisure electrics install for when I am on an EHU to recharge everything and solar. The money I save buying the Pro over the Delta 2 might in time go towards a portable solar panel.
Dave do it! Game changer. An advantage of having the unit is you can use it as an EHU which I have done a few times. the reason being my 13a sockets in the van are placed perfectly for me to use the kettle/airfryer/percolator.

Also when I allowed the vehicle battery to get to low on a site i just switched to the vehicle battery whilst my jackery was attached via the EHU. It worked and then I was able to connect it to my 300w Victron inverter to charge up again from the leisure battery & engine. The combinations are endless.

Back