Power Banks

psybear

I've done a search already and read several (some very detailed) discussions on the use of Power Banks.

Mine is a more straightforward query than most - I am interested in hearing any views/recommendations on specific models for relatively light use (in terms of time especially, mostly one or two overnights).

I'm looking favourably on the Jackery 1000 Pro as it has a fairly short recharge time (I know this is based on mains charging, not the van 12v socket).

Main use will be for overnight/ 2 day trips when I need to recharge phone, camera batteries, drone batteries, laptop etc. The van I'm getting does have a leisure battery but I've no experience of these and so I'm not sure how adequate that will be on its own.

I don't get my van until the New Year but with Black Friday week here I'm thinking now would be a good time to buy.

Thanks.

Cheers for the reply John. How do you find it overall? How does the solar work on cloudy days? I've seen a few packages that include panels but wasn't sure about them.

I have the Jackery 1000 explorer which I bought last year brand new off eBay for £567 I run my Alpicool TW35 fridge freezer and my CPAP machine off it and with 200 watt of solar to charge it.
I bought 2 of these panels at £169 each but a lot cheaper now.

John.
Hi John

How long do you think it will run your fridge for. I’m contemplating one of these but no sure it’ll last long enough for a weekend?

What do you think. Do you have the solar connected all of the time to keep it boosted

Hi John

How long do you think it will run your fridge for. I’m contemplating one of these but no sure it’ll last long enough for a weekend?

What do you think. Do you have the solar connected all of the time to keep it boosted
During day light hours in summer I had the panels connected to the jackery when fully charged I coupled the panels to my victron controller also my fridge has a built in lithium battery which can run between 6 and 10 hrs also runs off solar.

John.

Back