Plunge

revdecal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Well I'm taking the plunge and going to have some mods carried out after deciding to keep my 16 plate rather than 'upgrade'.

VanKing sent me their kombi bed frame last week (amazing product and service by Murray by the way!)

Visiontech will be installing a Hilo Sport colour coded Pop roof, Webasto heater, captain seats and electric pack at the end of October amongst other things and I am looking forward to it.
You can find horror stories wherever you look in regards to pop roofs and it has made me unusually hesitant but the quality is in the install as much as it is in the product and I am going to put my faith in Visiontech doing their thing.
It will make my Kayak trips away a lot more comfortable and I can start to get out and about more with my family for little weekends away.
Fingers crossed it turns out ok but I'm sure it will.

Well I'm taking the plunge and going to have some mods carried out after deciding to keep my 16 plate rather than 'upgrade'.

VanKing sent me their kombi bed frame last week (amazing product and service by Murray by the way!)

Visiontech will be installing a Hilo Sport colour coded Pop roof, Webasto heater, captain seats and electric pack at the end of October amongst other things and I am looking forward to it.
You can find horror stories wherever you look in regards to pop roofs and it has made me unusually hesitant but the quality is in the install as much as it is in the product and I am going to put my faith in Visiontech doing their thing.
It will make my Kayak trips away a lot more comfortable and I can start to get out and about more with my family for little weekends away.
Fingers crossed it turns out ok but I'm sure it will.
I have heard good things about Vision Tech. I assume you have read the info on here regarding HiLo roofs. It appears to mainly fitting issues but you might want to read up on the problems first - if you haven't already.

Good luck with all your mods!

Thanks. I have read and re read but ultimately I believe it mostly to be fitter related more than product (for the most part). Ultimately you have to look at the fitters work and feedback, make your expectations clear and put your faith in them. Let's hope for both our sakes that it doesn't bite me in the arse lol.
VisionTech seem to know their stuff.

Thanks. I have read and re read but ultimately I believe it mostly to be fitter related more than product (for the most part). Ultimately you have to look at the fitters work and feedback, make your expectations clear and put your faith in them. Let's hope for both our sakes that it doesn't bite me in the arse lol.
VisionTech seem to know their stuff.
As long as you're walking into it with your eyes open then that's okay. I would make a point of reading this thread, if you haven't, and bring it to the attention of Vision Tech just so you are covered. Hilo Sport Roof Review.

It is a nice roof and i was tempted but found it a little too low when sitting at the back.

Back