Plastic Trim Painting

IMG_5327.JPG Hello @rtg1200 ,is the top of your dash a lighter grey or is it titan black as in the caravelle lowers or the upper dash in a highline/comfort dash? Its a crap photo,i will take a better one tomorrow,thanks

View attachment 63322 Hello @rtg1200 ,is the top of your dash a lighter grey or is it titan black as in the caravelle lowers or the upper dash in a highline/comfort dash? Its a crap photo,i will take a better one tomorrow,thanks

Hi Martin as far as im aware top of my dash is the same black as caravelle, its a good colour match to my black caravelle door cards. On the subject the buzzweld doesnt seem to be as scuff proof as we hoped, dogs collar isnt doing it any favours and starting to show. that along with it being way darker i think it may be a better buy to just go for the proper black panels instead, unfortunetly

I’ve had a go with some Buzzweld PIO (Plastic in one)RAL 7021it’s not too far away from the upper dash but it’s different to the Titan black doors
38551911-5D24-4261-BB4D-8A92FFD45B3C.jpeg525AF4A0-5BE7-4607-87EC-F2B3063AFB93.jpeg

I’ve had a go with some Buzzweld PIO (Plastic in one)RAL 7021it’s not too far away from the upper dash but it’s different to the Titan black doors
Thanks for the pictures. The finish looks good, how is the durability?

Hi Paul, I’ve had the lower dash done now for about 4 months and it’s taken a few knocks ok. I was going to do the door cards but came across a couple of really cheap caravelle ones on eBay so I’ve put them on. I’ve a couple of spare door cards primer and paint if anyone fancies a go....

How easy is it to remove the cab lining ?
first off remove all the fittings for the sun visors and lights etc, then seat belts stays and b-pillars, then gently tease the headlining out pulling - towards the front of the van - and then let it drop

Hows everyone doing with their buzzwelded parts up to now? its been a while since i did mine, a year ish, and theyve held up quite well but starting to scuff on the glovebox and where the gear stick is, also showing where the panels rub against each other ever so slightly. May take them off for another blast over to see how well they can be redone, has anyone done that yet?

So my a pillars and upper b pillars are holding up fine. I have had to cover the lower b pillars with carpet due to it getting scratched getting in/out. The grab handles and centre console in the roof are still like new.

Perhaps i didnt cover enough where it was going to get scuffed, ill get another can and do those areas again cheers for the feedback

has anyone considered / has used a truck bed liner spray paint on the lower dash/ moonrock parts? Thinking out loud its a paint designed to resist abrasion?

Back