Plastic Trim Painting

I noticed on the website they will do colour codes. Might try and get a match for the upper dash.

Any more done @Kev_ ? Just got a can to try today,just waiting on some scotchbrite pads. It is the lower dash im really interested in doing but i am going to try it on some grab handles and sunglasses holder etc first and see how it looks. I really hope it ends up being as good as it looks on your pics

Sorry for the late reply I missed your replys.

I haven't done anymore yet but I'm intending to do the other A pillar, sunvisors and start the lower dash this weekend

Sounds good @Kev_ , did you do the grab handle when you done the A pillar and if so,did it cover well? It will be a great result if it works good on the lower dash,saving many hundreds of pounds can only be good!

Keep me posted on how you get on mate. Advice from my experience would be to do lots of thin layers. Literally dust it with paint from about 25cm. It the most difficult think in the world to not just slam it with paint :)

Any updates on the durability of the finish? Obviously black shows blemishes worse than light colours.

@Jamielad83 course I can mate. The one above was taken when it was really foggy and bright last week. I'll grab some more over the weekend

I’ve had a play with Buzzweld with favourable results.
Beware though, it comes straight off when certain solvents are applied.
i applied sticky stuff remover on some adjacent contact adhesive and it came in contact with the Buzzweld......... it came off like it was water colour!

My efforts with the Buzzweld, finish is pretty great no complaints there and it is hard to scratch off, but obviously is way too dark. I've lived with it about a week now and dont hate it as much as the grey originals, but not too pleased that it doesnt match the top. Not decided if ill keep it on yet so kept grey set for now20200305_083156.jpg 20200305_083203.jpg 20200305_083208.jpg 20200305_083214.jpg

You've got a great finish there mate.

I didn't get as far as doing the lower dash but more the apillar upwards as the contrast isn't as oblivious with the seals being black.

You've got a great finish there mate.

I didn't get as far as doing the lower dash but more the apillar upwards as the contrast isn't as oblivious with the seals being black.
I actually quite like the dark lower light upper, hoping to do the lower b pillars next but may carpet instead i think itll get scuffed alot

Back