OZ Racing Rally Raid alloys 17’s

Hi Loz,

I am looking at a similar setup on my new Camper Conversion.

I am new to all this Tyre and Wheel sizing but know I am not to keen on the look of my vehicle at the moment on the standard wheels but dont want to stick on 20's and lower due to some of the costal car parks around me. I like the look of the Rally Raid but not sure on my tyre size yet. Trying to keep the vehicle low for parking so might lower and level once I have the right wheels if I need to.

Do you find the 235/65/17 alter your speedo by much? They do look a nice tyre.

My other choices are the Cooper AT 225/55/17 or the BF Goodrich 225/60/17 but not sure they will fill the wheel space as much.

Thanks..

Wayne

Do you find the 235/65/17 alter your speedo by much? They do look a nice tyre.
Speedo is now perfect, better revs at motorway speed, has improved my MPG very slightly on the m/way.

My other choices are the Cooper AT 225/55/17 or the BF Goodrich 225/60/17 but not sure they will fill the wheel space as much.
225/55/17 would be undersized, 225/60/17 close to the original. you can compare here https://www.willtheyfit.com/. use 235/55/17 as the factory reference size.

Last edited:
Great thanks for the quick reply.

Just realised you have a Cali I guess they come with 17" Rims from the info provided.

I have just got a 6.1 Highline and the Standard is 16" So I have checked on the site and it says there would be a -8.73% difference.

Thanks for your help.

Wayne

Speedo is now perfect, better revs at motorway speed, has improved my MPG very slightly on the m/way.

225/55/17 would be undersized, 225/60/17 close to the original. you can compare here https://www.willtheyfit.com/. use 235/55/17 as the factory reference size.
Hi Loz, are you finding an improvement over the Michelin latitude cross? I really rate that tire as an all rounder
cheers

Miles

I've got a set of Oz Racing Rally Raids 17in with BFGs 245/65s. When I bought them I was sure my van was going to be a T30 but I found out its actually a T32. These wheels are supposed to be rated at 1200kg load but on the back of them are two ratings, as per the photo, I'm not sure what P and T ratings are. Would anyone know what these numbers mean and if the wheels are indeed suitable for a T32? Many thanks.
tempImageGMqIUS.jpg

I've got a set of Oz Racing Rally Raids 17in with BFGs 245/65s. When I bought them I was sure my van was going to be a T30 but I found out its actually a T32. These wheels are supposed to be rated at 1200kg load but on the back of them are two ratings, as per the photo, I'm not sure what P and T ratings are. Would anyone know what these numbers mean and if the wheels are indeed suitable for a T32? Many thanks.
View attachment 110855
Hi @RayF I’m sure this will be something that Oli @BognorMotors will be able to answer for you.... he’s an Oz Racing dealer. I’m pretty sure @Loz also has the same wheels so he may be able to shed some light on this too? :thumbsup:

I went having a look at some wheels recently. I am really struggling to make up my mind in which direction to go agains a pure grey van.

I like the OZ in 18, but think the greys are to similar to work. They may work in black.:
EA832C42-629E-49A3-BD7D-D7618E148795_1_105_c.jpeg

These are another OZ, this time the lettering a a bit less noticeable. Black working better?
30DFC47C-32AC-4AB5-B1DF-B28DA81BD090_1_105_c.jpeg

Both of these Black Rhino work well against the pure grey I think both are available in 17 and 18.
F9292373-A6F4-48E1-9C1A-51DF32ACD7DF_1_105_c.jpeg

I really dont like the colour of these Fuel wheels against the van. In real life they looked worse than the pics.
24389C93-01D9-46E6-A4EC-2530CD28E094_1_105_c.jpeg

Maybe I should wait until these start to filter through in this colur rather than the same colour combo as the Zephers above.

9A0E896A-0906-4B8C-A4D5-5C587309F65D_1_105_c.jpeg

Or maybe I should just go Rolls Royce or Canteras. Decisions Decisions.

What suspension setup are you running with this ? Are you lowered at all?

What are you doing for a spare wheel?

Simon
Seikel HD (+30) kept a 17” steel with original size 235/55. But I also carry a tyre string kit, so the spare is a last resort. A bit like a space saver.

In the end... I opted for the Projekt AT’s and although not fitted yet (van not arriving ‘til January) I have to say -very happy with my choice. Supplied by those lovely people at Transporter HQView attachment 94698
Hi, how do you find these tyres for noise, I currently have Yokohama Geolander G015 fitted and really quiet, but I would prefer to get something a bit more chunky like these or General Grabber AT?

Sorry for late reply. I can honestly say I’ve not noticed any significant noice level increase with th BFG’s

Back