OZ Racing Rally Raid alloys 17’s

Newby to this great forum so please excuse any of my protocol errors.
This thread has hit the spot. Our nearly new T6.1 Ravenna Blue has just arrived and been deliberating for months on wheels & tyres. IMHO these two mentioned above (OZ Rally Raid and Twin Monotube Projekt TMP) just look so right. Epic.
Other half has even ok'd the cost, but finding it hard to justify the near double for the Twin Monotube.. but they do look great.
davepage1, love the bronze, especially with blue van.. a bold decision that paid off.
Desmoben, very keen to see some pics of your new TMP on the van. Looks like you got the last of the black ones from Transporter HQ. Only the Matt Stone available in 17".

We are in Scotland so thinking that might be best to go down All weather/winter tyres rather than All Terrain as it will be predominantly wet driving.
All advice gratefully accepted on what would be best with the Ravenna Blue. ?
OZ Rally Raid 17" Black
Twin monotube 17" Matt Stone
Twin Monotube 18" Black

This thread has hit the spot. Our nearly new T6.1 Ravenna Blue has just arrived and been deliberating for months on wheels & tyres. IMHO these two mentioned above (OZ Rally Raid and Twin Monotube Projekt TMP) just look so right. Epic.
Other half has even ok'd the cost, but finding it hard to justify the near double for the Twin Monotube.. but they do look great.
davepage1, love the bronze, especially with blue van.. a bold decision that paid off.
Desmoben, very keen to see some pics of your new TMP on the van. Looks like you got the last of the black ones from Transporter HQ. Only the Matt Stone available in 17".

We are in Scotland so thinking that might be best to go down All weather/winter tyres rather than All Terrain as it will be predominantly wet driving.
OZ Rally Raid 17" Black
Twin Monotube 18" Black
OZ Rally Raid 18" Black ;)

Thanks. Interested in your suggestion of 18" rather than 17". Just for look or is there another reason ?
For me the 18" will look a bit better, especially of you dont put the really aggressive off road tyres on.

I think you need to think about your tyre choice first,
Some tyres have better T6 sizing options for a 17" wheel
Some tyres have have better T6 sizing options for an 18" wheel
:thumbsup:

OZ Rally Raid 17" Black
Twin Monotube 18" Black

TWIN MONOTUBE IN 17 AND 18 IN STOCK
OZ RALLY RRAIDS IN STOCK
ALSO CONSIDER THE FUEL ZEPHYR

EMAIL ME FOR PRICES (;

Look like 17s to me.

I like them on that van but not sure the Bronze would work with all colours of vans.

Van looks excellent on those. great colour combo, but as others have said Bronze might not work so well other colours. Think I would need to be more boring/mainstream and go black.

Very interested to hear how you get on with the Pirelli AT's, particularly in the wet.

I think you need to think about your tyre choice first,
Some tyres have better T6 sizing options for a 17" wheel
Some tyres have have better T6 sizing options for an 18" wheel
:thumbsup:
Very good point.
Probably will stick with 17" as that remains closer to the swamper ethos of smaller wheel and larger profile tyre.
235/65/17 probably biggest would consider. Aim is majority wet weather use, occasional off-road track, ideally use through winter.
Have been very impressed with Vreidstein Quatrac in wet and winter on Mini and also Yokohama Geolander in wet on subaru.
However, the Pirelli Scorpion AT plus you highlighted appear to be pretty good in the wet, and look good.
very keen to hear how Loz gets on with the new set .

My main thought about getting the 18s in these Rally Raid wheels was they will work with both a swamper setup and ordinary road tyres as well.

Hi Loz, how you getting on with the wheels mate....I just fitted some Delta Klassiks to mine but in 18inch....must admit I prefer 17's.

Back