OZ Racing Rally Raid alloys 17’s

I'm really pleased with virtually every aspect of our 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+, it drives just like a quality road summer tyre; it just looks a tad thin on 8" wheels IMO, but I'll get used it I suppose.

I'm really pleased with virtually every aspect of our 225/65/17 Pirelli Scorpion AT+, it drives just like a quality road summer tyre; it just looks a tad thin on 8" wheels IMO, but I'll get used it I suppose.
Any photos, this is what I’m likely to change to?

Thanks a lot for the photo link!
I have a set of 17" VW Thunder rims (7" wide) ... I might powdercoat these black and mount a 225/65/17. I will stay just within 5% larger than the original wheel diameter and it's a pretty cheap solution. Good to do some testing and see if I like riding AT tires.

So I spent some time looking today and I think my final choice is the Oz Racing Rally Raid Bronze in 17x8 with the 235/65/17 108H XL Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS they are only 6% bigger than standard.
And with a slightly less ET I wont need my spacers with these either.
1611498335919.png

Last edited:
So I spent some time looking today and I think my final choice is the Oz Racing Rally Raid Bronze in 17x8 with the 235/65/17 108H XL Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS they are only 6% bigger than standard.
And with a slightly less ET I wont need my spacers with these either.
View attachment 100017
I think I would go with the 235's as well; Look forward to seeing the photos;
When are you planning to get the new wheels/tyres sorted?

Good choice I reckon @Loz

Please could I get a quote on Oz Rally Raids in black in 17x8 with white lettered 235/65/17 108H XL Pirelli SCORPION™ ALL TERRAIN PLUS :thumbsup:

Can you email me your details and wants on our contact form on the website. It’s easier to keep up with quotes this way. many thanks Oli

@Loz , @chriscroft , I very much like the look of Chris’s ‘less urban more country’ though I want to be able to use snow chains with my set up, any idea how big/wide can I go with the tyres? (I know the VW manual is very conservative, 215s I think). Thanks!

@Loz , @chriscroft , I very much like the look of Chris’s ‘less urban more country’ though I want to be able to use snow chains with my set up, any idea how big/wide can I go with the tyres? (I know the VW manual is very conservative, 215s I think). Thanks!
I think I would happily run these snow chains on my 225/65/17 tyres (my van is 20mm lowered) there looks to be plenty of room, and these chains are a very snug fit.
Although I have absolutely zero experience of these chains, or any others for that matter o_O

Last edited by a moderator:
Back