OZ Racing Rally Raid alloys 17’s

They sure look good. Will one of those new wheels fit in the spare wheel space?
Thanks, very pleased with them!

I have a Tuff Torque 17” x 8” et35 sitting waiting for another AT+ tyre to rock up and then need to see how I go. Been speaking to Oli at Bognor Motors for tips as I know they do some trickery and welding and can get the bigger tyres underneath. The Seikel bracket is more than I want to spend.

I’m also wondering if I can get it in with low pressure in the tyre as I always carry a pump anyway, although don’t suppose it’s good for the tyre depending on how much it’s misshapen to squeeze it in.

Worst case is it sits in the garage and my wife can rescue me for any near home issues, or I’ll stick it on my roof rack for trips away.

Getting it underneath is the preferred plan though, I just want to minimise the amount of butchering required!

Will report back!

Thanks, very pleased with them!

I have a Tuff Torque 17” x 8” et35 sitting waiting for another AT+ tyre to rock up and then need to see how I go. Been speaking to Oli at Bognor Motors for tips as I know they do some trickery and welding and can get the bigger tyres underneath. The Seikel bracket is more than I want to spend.

I’m also wondering if I can get it in with low pressure in the tyre as I always carry a pump anyway, although don’t suppose it’s good for the tyre depending on how much it’s misshapen to squeeze it in.

Worst case is it sits in the garage and my wife can rescue me for any near home issues, or I’ll stick it on my roof rack for trips away.

Getting it underneath is the preferred plan though, I just want to minimise the amount of butchering required!

Will report back!

@jedistar - Just had my spare mounted to my alloy. Dropped the pressure to 10psi and squeezed it up into the space gently with my jack. The bracket won't reach the slip-over bolt. I did try to manoeuvre it into place with the jack but didn't want to force it. I'm short to reaching the bolt by less than 1", but this is both on height and length. With that said I also then have to close the bolt.

I'm not sure specifically what Bognor have done, but I did see a thread where a chap created a 'third' hole on the bracket by bolting a longer plate to it. I think this would do the job as looking at it when I'm trying to close the bracket, it's bending around the tyre at the corner of the bracket. The previous 235/55 I had in here did not do this, and I think the likely reason for it doing this is because I can't get the current 235 as high into the well due to the diameter. I'm not sure I need the main span of the bracket to be longer, but I suspect it wouldn't hurt - I may be tempted to cut the bracket at the corner and weld / bolt a half angle in there to increase depth + length in one go.

@jedistar - Just had my spare mounted to my alloy. Dropped the pressure to 10psi and squeezed it up into the space gently with my jack. The bracket won't reach the slip-over bolt. I did try to manoeuvre it into place with the jack but didn't want to force it. I'm short to reaching the bolt by less than 1", but this is both on height and length. With that said I also then have to close the bolt.

I'm not sure specifically what Bognor have done, but I did see a thread where a chap created a 'third' hole on the bracket by bolting a longer plate to it. I think this would do the job as looking at it when I'm trying to close the bracket, it's bending around the tyre at the corner of the bracket. The previous 235/55 I had in here did not do this, and I think the likely reason for it doing this is because I can't get the current 235 as high into the well due to the diameter. I'm not sure I need the main span of the bracket to be longer, but I suspect it wouldn't hurt - I may be tempted to cut the bracket at the corner and weld / bolt a half angle in there to increase depth + length in one go.
Thank you for this update.

If anyone is after these. bronze are from stock with OZ and black are now the end of September. Happy to quote anyone looking for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
hi. the ET0 in 17 are not good for the T6?
have you a pic off this set on a vw T6?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Loz, can I ask how your getting on with these tyres ? I'm thinking about changing from my BFG KO2's for two reasons, the noise on the BFG's and also because I'm running 245/65/17 and I would like a spare that would actually work with a 4motion so could a change to 235/6517 like yours seems like a good idea, thanks in advance.
Spare dimension is a conundrum for me as I hope to order Rally Raids as soon as I get a quote - apparently black rims now available in Italy from early this month. This week I came across a fellow with a T6 4 motion who said he has fitted 225 65 R17 BFG in the spare location (34 mm larger than standard 215 60 R17) The 235 65 R17 should be about 12 mm larger again - think will fit ? Or is your concern different?

Hi Loz, can I ask how your getting on with these tyres ? I'm thinking about changing from my BFG KO2's for two reasons, the noise on the BFG's and also because I'm running 245/65/17 and I would like a spare that would actually work with a 4motion so could a change to 235/6517 like yours seems like a good idea, thanks in advance.
Did you have any rubbing or spaces Stu? I really like the look of 245's, but worried about the size difference and 235 might be a safer option.

Would it be a better option not in KO2's, and something less aggressive?

They look amazing, have you got tires in mind? I got a quote from Bognor with Pirelli Scorpions AT+, but as I was about phone and order I had a £800 gas bill and £2800 council tax unpaid from 2020.. something about my direct debit being removed but they never contacted me until now! Anyway my wheel/tire money went bye bye. I am thinking of putting Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's on the standard 16" Claytons in 235/70R16 for the time being as need some all seasons with occasional field traction. Will be good to see what you go with.

They look amazing, have you got tires in mind? I got a quote from Bognor with Pirelli Scorpions AT+, but as I was about phone and order I had a £800 gas bill and £2800 council tax unpaid from 2020.. something about my direct debit being removed but they never contacted me until now! Anyway my wheel/tire money went bye bye. I am thinking of putting Yokohama Geolandar A/T G015's on the standard 16" Claytons in 235/70R16 for the time being as need some all seasons with occasional field traction. Will be good to see what you go with.
I've opted for Toyo country plus A/T 235/65x17 108V. Originally wanted Falken Wildpeak but out of stock !

@gonna66 sounds like the week I have had too
dad rushed to hospital in ICU
a day later my aunt his sister died

Van looks superb

Back