New Years Eve T6 Forum Camp

Hi guys, I can’t work out quite where this is. Is that Arlington near to Bibury on the B4425?

OK that looks more as I would have expected than the original location!
What are you doing on New Years Eve? ... Join other T6 forum members at Arlington, Gloucester.
We haven’t decided what we might do yet. Do we need to give lots/ any notice?

How are we doing on this? Merv need any help searching?
In a word - pants.
The chap at Arlingham eventually got back to me - no hard standings available and grass pitches not available in winter - that’s a NO then!
So other venues suggested;
Beaconsfield - adult only so may not suit all interested peeps
Hopley’s at Bewdley with pizzeria, bar, live music, cafe, farm shop, lake and camp shop - not sure we will be able to have the wood burners on the go? Happy to call them to discuss
Yes help appreciated , was hoping to find a similar sort of venue to Arlingham - small, clean but basic facilities, opportunity for the camp fires and a good piss up.

Good find @DaveBos
Seems pretty relaxed site, allows fires, has hook up. Distance may be a problem for some people but location is stunning.
Thoughts ?
Yep, looks very good but, for us, the circa 150 miles and 3 hours+ travel each way, would be too far for a 1 or 2 night winter camp. Ultimately, you will not be able to please everyone so I'd suggest that if a few people like the look of a particular site then you ought to go for it.

In a word - pants.
The chap at Arlingham eventually got back to me - no hard standings available and grass pitches not available in winter - that’s a NO then!
So other venues suggested;
Beaconsfield - adult only so may not suit all interested peeps
Hopley’s at Bewdley with pizzeria, bar, live music, cafe, farm shop, lake and camp shop - not sure we will be able to have the wood burners on the go? Happy to call them to discuss
Yes help appreciated , was hoping to find a similar sort of venue to Arlingham - small, clean but basic facilities, opportunity for the camp fires and a good piss up.
I have stayed at Hopleys in the past and it was good.

This seemed to hit a bit of a lull. So over the weekend I thought I would have a look and see if we could find anywhere suitable and also see how many people are still interested.
I've come up with this site.

www.woodsidelodges.co.uk/touring-camping-2/

It allows camp fires, children and dogs. 20 hook up spaces, grass pitches and happy with us as a group. £25 per night (2 people) with hook up, £1 per dog and extra person. Sounds good and location suits most.

Just need an idea of who is interested and if we get enough people it should be a cracking way to see in New Year.

We’d be interested.
Looking at their website, is there a Bank Holiday minimum 3 day booking? Not a problem; just presumably more to forfeit if the weather is bad and we don’t go?

I spoke to them on Saturday and she said she was happy with 1 nights booking.
They don't have anyone else booked for New Years Eve so we would probably have the place to ourselves.

Be great to be at ladybower with a camera at the moment since the flooded Derwent village is currently on show.

I spoke to them on Saturday and she said she was happy with 1 nights booking.
We would be up for it if the commitment is only one night. It’s a long way west for us so we could then stay longer if the weather is good or not lose to much if it was bad.

Back