an error for the rear side lights. Do I need a resistor of some sort to sort this out?
Error on dash?
The most elegant solution (=OEM solution) would be to change load type of rear lights to match newly installed lights - thus tweaking BCM settings. Not sure if @Pauly already have done this?

Does the van has tailgate or barn doors? Are the front lights H7 or the LEDs?

I've also got an issue with my brake lights coming on with my side lights. Any ideas?
I would resolve the error of rear side lights first. T6.1 BCM is quite modern and still uncharted. Could be even a "backup" function to recover failed rear lights o_O

Error on dash?
The most elegant solution (=OEM solution) would be to change load type of rear lights to match newly installed lights - thus tweaking BCM settings. Not sure if @Pauly already have done this?

Does the van has tailgate or barn doors? Are the front lights H7 or the LEDs?

I would resolve the error of rear side lights first. T6.1 BCM is quite modern and still uncharted. Could be even a "backup" function to recover failed rear lights o_O
It's got a tailgate and has H7 upfront.

The error on dash pops on when I turn sidelights on. Can I resolve this through vcds? I'm assuming that's what you mean by tweaking bcm settings?

When you say failed rear lights, you mean as in there are dead, or the van thinks they are dead so has turned the brake lights on to half power? Probably should have mentioned that. The brakes are on, but only dim like the side lights. When I press brake pedal they go to full brightness.

Thanks for the assistance btw!

Reactions: mmi
It's got a tailgate and has H7 upfront.

The error on dash pops on when I turn sidelights on. Can I resolve this through vcds? I'm assuming that's what you mean by tweaking bcm settings?

When you say failed rear lights, you mean as in there are dead, or the van thinks they are dead so has turned the brake lights on to half power? Probably should have mentioned that. The brakes are on, but only dim like the side lights. When I press brake pedal they go to full brightness.

Thanks for the assistance btw!
Are you sure they are the brake lights at half brightness, or maybe just the the rear light section of the unit?

Yes, VCDS can do this. Would need to extract so called adaptation map from the BCM so we could compare it with a map from a van with LEDs.

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​
Single Controller Address: 09
Function: Adaptations
Output: CSV file

When done there will be a file adpmap.... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....
Then just upload/attach the file.

I meant the van thinks they are dead (the error). Anyways, the "backup" was just a guess - but would coincide with your observations. BTW at the first glance the wiring seemed to be correct.

Are you sure they are the brake lights at half brightness, or maybe just the the rear light section of the unit?
I did think that. But on all the pictures I can find of them, the brake lights aren't on.

This is mine. As you can see the little square lights are the brakes at mid brightness. 20220731_212119.jpg

How they should be:
image_b50b6b6a-140e-4069-aad9-24708c97a281_large.jpg

Yes, VCDS can do this. Would need to extract so called adaptation map from the BCM so we could compare it with a map from a van with LEDs.

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​
Single Controller Address: 09
Function: Adaptations
Output: CSV file

When done there will be a file adpmap.... in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....
Then just upload/attach the file.

I meant the van thinks they are dead (the error). Anyways, the "backup" was just a guess - but would coincide with your observations. BTW at the first glance the wiring seemed to be correct.
I'll get this done tonight. Thanks for the info

Yeah I've been over the wiring a few times and all seems good, apart from me swapping the rh fog/reverse.

Just retrofitted the T6.1 LEDs onto my 2020 T6.1.
The information in this tread was invaluable! So thankyou all! It was a bit confusing at points as my wire colors seem to differ from other people's, but I'm putting it down to T6/T6.1 differences. Managed to work it all out and get them working! Which is a bonus.

The indicators seem to be working fine with no issues, although i do have an error for the rear side lights. Do I need a resistor of some sort to sort this out?

I've also got an issue with my brake lights coming on with my side lights. Any ideas?

This is my wiring diagramView attachment 167254

Any help much appreciated
Didn't you mix up wires for fog light and reversing light?

I'm trying to find this section in vcds but I'm coming up short! Any help? Thought it may help in sorting my lights out! Screenshot_20220731-193702_Chrome.jpg

On MBQ BCM the whole configuration is done via ADAPTATION CHANNELS and not coding.

By the way can you post your complete VCDS AUTOSCAN?

On MBQ BCM the whole configuration is done via ADAPTATION CHANNELS and not coding.

By the way can you post your complete VCDS AUTOSCAN?
Yeah no worries I'll post it asap

Also, another little thing I've noticed, part of my side lights come on with my brake lights. This is leading me to believe there is some cross over between the 2 somewhere!

20220801_165747.jpg
The top angle bit should be on with just brakes!

20220801_165751.jpg

Before even trying any adaptations - please extract also the full adaptation map (via controller channel map). It will be your backup copy of van's configuration - just in case ;)

Before even trying any adaptations - please extract also the full adaptation map (via controller channel map). It will be your backup copy of van's configuration - just in case ;)
Is this what you were after? I followed your instructions a few posts back and got this

Attachments

• rearlightscoding.xlsx
    57.3 KB · Views: 20
Another new development. Side lights work as they should with the brake light cables unplug. I can't see why any voltage should be going to the brake lights.20220801_195456.jpg

• Wow
Another theory as to what's happening. I was behind a T6.1 with halogen rears, and it seemed like the side lights are 2 sections, with one section becoming brighter when the brakes are applied.

This doesn't work for the leds as the brakes are a different section, so it looks odd. I wonder if there's a way to code out that?

And do I need resistors to eliminate the bulb out warning?

And here's me thinking its going to be relatively easy! Doh!

Another theory as to what's happening. I was behind a T6.1 with halogen rears, and it seemed like the side lights are 2 sections, with one section becoming brighter when the brakes are applied.
I guess this is just an illusion as T6.1 halogen rear side lights(M2) are just 2 bulbs connected in parallel.
Screenshot_20220801-105437_Gallery.jpg

Back