Is this what you were after? I followed your instructions a few posts back and got this
Yes, exactly - thanks!

Getting there - hopefully.

Well, there is a bit confusing part... could you check the following - under VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Electr. > Adaptation

Find the following:​
ENG148593-Leuchtenkonfiguration (Aussenlicht Heck)
By using pulldown menu - are there preselectable selections, or just a long'ish code string. A screenshot?​

The confusing part is that in there are different coding strings for vans with (a) LEDs front & rear, or (b) LEDs only front (barn doors), or (3) H7 front, bulbs rear, etc.

eek.gif

Yes, exactly - thanks!

Well, there is a bit confusing part... could you check the following - under VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Electr. > Adaptation

By using pulldown menu - are there preselectable selections, or just a long'ish code string. A screenshot?​

The confusing part is that in there are different coding strings for vans with (1) LEDs front & rear, or (2) LEDs only front (barn doors), or (3) H7 front, bulbs rear, etc.

View attachment 167436
I'll get on that as soon as I get home! Really do appreciate the help you guys are giving! Why I love this forum!

Yes, exactly - thanks!

The confusing part is that in there are different coding strings for vans with (1) LEDs front & rear, or (2) LEDs only front (barn doors), or (3) H7 front, bulbs rear, etc.

View attachment 167436
This is what that brings up. I can't make head nor tail of it! Too complex for me! 20220802_175844.jpg

This is what that brings up. I can't make head nor tail of it! Too complex for me!
Thanks! Yes, that's quite impressive coding string - it's 480 characters long.

Anyways, it's probably a good time to make a backup copy of in VCDS Raw Hex format = can be restored with a few mouse clicks.
Just in case something is wrong with the tweaking advice - coming soon...

VCDS backup​

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​
1659462276579.png

Keep the result file in safe place :thumbsup: - (do not edit the file anyway not to corrupt it). No need to post it - we already have all the information​

BTW - what fault codes are currently stored in controller 09-Central Electrics?

VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Elect. > Fault Codes

Then either Copy Codes to clipboard and paste here or Save Codes (will be saved in in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....)

Thanks! Yes, that's quite impressive coding string - it's 480 characters long.

Anyways, it's probably a good time to make a backup copy of in VCDS Raw Hex format = can be restored with a few mouse clicks.
Just in case something is wrong with the tweaking advice - coming soon...

VCDS backup​

VCDS > Applications > Controller Channel Map​

Keep the result file in safe place :thumbsup: - (do not edit the file anyway not to corrupt it). No need to post it - we already have all the information​

BTW - what fault codes are currently stored in controller 09-Central Electrics?

VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Elect. > Fault Codes

Then either Copy Codes to clipboard and paste here or Save Codes (will be saved in in folder C:\Ross-Tech\VCDS\Logs\....)
Just backing up aswell like you said.

Code:
Tuesday,02,August,2022,20:21:19:00223
VCDS Version: Release 22.3.0 (x64) Running on Windows 8.1 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address 09: Cent. Elect.       Labels:
Control Module Part Number: 2Q0 937 090 C    HW: 2Q0 937 090 C
  Component and/or Version: BCM A0 Std+   H11 0943
           Software Coding:
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00035 377 00145
              ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMA0 206001 (VN46)
                       ROD: EV_BCMA0_206.rod
                      VCID: 323D104794AF6C6B096-8066
4 Faults Found:

10506 - Bulb for Left Tail Light
          B12BE 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 248
                    Mileage: 15324 km
                    Date: 2022.08.01
                    Time: 16:55:18

Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Terminal 15 status: On
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Terminal 50 status: OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Low beam: Not operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-OFF: Not operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Outside temperature: -50.0 °C
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Automatic high beam assist: Not operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Position lamps: operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Parking light left: Not operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Parking light right: Not operated
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-CAN-Bus_aktiv: On
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-last wakeup: keine Stoerschutzursache
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Status Bremslichtschalter (CAN): OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Status Bremslichtschalter (HW): OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-voltage measurement: 13.1 V

10762 - Bulb for Right Tail Light
          B12BF 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Mileage: 15324 km
                    Time: 16:55:18

Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Terminal 15 status: On
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-voltage measurement: 13.1 V

11018 - Bulb for Left Brake Light
          B12C2 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Mileage: 15329 km
                    Time: 19:53:07

Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Terminal 15 status: OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-CAN-Bus_aktiv: OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-voltage measurement: 12.2 V

11530 - Bulb for Right Brake Light
          B12C3 15 [009] - Open or Short to Plus
             Freeze Frame:
                    Mileage: 15329 km
                    Time: 19:52:41

Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-Terminal 15 status: OFF
                    Zusaetzliche Umgebungsdaten-voltage measurement: 12.2 V

Last edited by a moderator:
Just backing up aswell like you said.
Excellent. Thanks for the fault codes - a kind of as expected... the van isn't happy with the LEDs.

I'm afraid we have to skip the massive 480 character string for now. It would have been easy if you would have retrofitted both front and rear LEDs ;) - we have the data for that combinations.

Below are so called "Leuchte" sets which need to be tweaked that van "understands" the new lights correctly.

The new values are from a van with factory installed front and rear LEDs. The current values are from your van.

The T6.1 electrics are much more complex than what it was on T6. As can be seen below there is a full data set for each individual lamp - here one for the left parking/side light, another for the right.

Tommy_T6.1_parking_lights.png

So whenever ready - do the adaptation changes above.

Before entering into adaptations you possibly need to use a security code.

VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Elect. > Security Access (input 31347)​
Adaptation > ....find & tweak the above adaptations...​

Please report the findings, fault codes in 09., do the lights work any better?

Clear the faults in 09 and recheck them - any change?

For the brake lights it would be similar set -

Tommy_T6.1_brake_lights.png

And again separate sets for indicators, fog lights, reverse lights - that's in the next episode.

Excellent. Thanks for the fault codes - a kind of as expected... the van isn't happy with the LEDs.

I'm afraid we have to skip the massive 480 character string for now. It would have been easy if you would have retrofitted both front and rear LEDs ;) - we have the data for that combinations.

Below are so called "Leuchte" sets which need to be tweaked that van "understands" the new lights correctly.

The new values are from a van with factory installed front and rear LEDs. The current values are from your van.

The T6.1 electrics are much more complex than what it was on T6. As can be seen below there is a full data set for each individual lamp - here one for the left parking/side light, another for the right.

View attachment 167477

So whenever ready - do the adaptation changes above.

Before entering into adaptations you possibly need to use a security code.

VCDS > Select > 09-Cent. Elect. > Security Access (input 31347)​
Adaptation > ....find & tweak the above adaptations...​

Please report the findings, fault codes in 09., do the lights work any better?

Clear the faults in 09 and recheck them - any change?

For the brake lights it would be similar set -

View attachment 167491

And again separate sets for indicators, fog lights, reverse lights - that's in the next episode.
Brilliant I'll get on that right away and see where we go! Thanks again for all this!

Reactions: mmi
@mmi you absolute legend! It's only bloody worked! Thank you so so much for all your help! Definitely couldn't have done it without you! 20220802_205947.jpg

All the lights are working exactly as they should with no errors lights on the dash! And the indicators work as normal with no quick flash on the dash!

I was a bit gutted when I fitted the lights and they didn't work, but I'm over the moon now! Thanks again! I owe you one!

All the lights are working exactly as they should with no errors lights on the dash! And the indicators work as normal with no quick flash on the dash!
That's excellent news! Jumping.gif
Thanks for having hands on this retrofit - it was a learning experience for me too.

Anyways, I'll need to finalize the sets for the rest (indicators, reverse light, rear fogs) just in case you'll notice something suspicious or just want to try. E.g. light intensity?

Perhaps time for another backup #2 - just don't overwrite the old one ;)

Attached PDF printouts of the adaptation changes:
Parking/side rear lights​
Brake lights​
Indicators​
Fog lights (no change, RHD)​
Reversing light​
@tommy_t6.1 please keep us posted!

Attachments

• 2022-08-03-T6F-T6.1-Rear_LED_Retrofit-Leuchte-sets.pdf
    907.3 KB · Views: 35
Attached PDF printouts of the adaptation changes:
Parking/side rear lights​
Brake lights​
Indicators​
Fog lights (no change, RHD)​
Reversing light​
@tommy_t6.1 please keep us posted!
Been through all those code changes and nothing has changed so not sure they are needed or not. But everythings still good!

Been through all those code changes and nothing has changed so not sure they are needed or not. But everythings still good!
Thanks for the feedback - appreciated!

I'd guess the difference (if actually any) might be somewhere in tolerances of bulb failure detcetion parameters. E.g. for bulbs overcurrent probably is not a factor, but for the LEDs it might be something designer might have given a thought - just a guess anyway :unsure:

Perhaps, to avoid unnecessary future confusion best to stick with OEM settings for the retrofitted part?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback - appreciated!

I'd guess the difference (if actuuyally any) might be somewhere in tolerances of bulb failure detcetion parameters. E.g. for bulbs overcurrent probably is not a factor, but for the LEDs it might be something designer might have given a thought - just a guess anyway :unsure:

Perhaps, to avoid unnecessary future confusion best to stick with OEM settings for the retrofitted part?
I've left it as the updated settings for now to see how we get on. Will change them back to the original settings and see if anything changes.

If not I'll keep them as the original ones, as like you say it saves any confusion later on.

Reactions: mmi
Yes, I meant OBDeleven. Great to hear!
So in summary what I learned from this thread when going from T6.1 halogen to T6.1 LED rear lights:
- there is no resistor needed
- the pins from the halogen connector have to be repinned to a male LED connector
- last step needed are the codings from post #111

Is this correct?
Btw. with this setting, would both lamps light up when going in reverse gear? Now with the halogen bulbs there's only 1 side lighting up...

Useful info - would this also work for a T6 LED rears to T6.1 LED rears?

Mine connect and work fine, but I have the bulb out waring on the dash, as well as fast indicator flash on dash.

Yes, I meant OBDeleven. Great to hear!
So in summary what I learned from this thread when going from T6.1 halogen to T6.1 LED rear lights:
- there is no resistor needed
- the pins from the halogen connector have to be repinned to a male LED connector
- last step needed are the codings from post #111

Is this correct?
Btw. with this setting, would both lamps light up when going in reverse gear? Now with the halogen bulbs there's only 1 side lighting up...
Sorry, had missed this one.
Yes, correct.
The reverse light double/single depends on the wiring - not all vans are fully wired from factory. In the coding/adaptation there seems to be only one setting for reversing lights (for single/double).

Back