Tried today, but wiring is not working with t6.1 lights.

The wires i have:

Black/red
Brown
Grey/white
Grey/red
Black/green
Green/black

For halogen lights pin assignment is

1 - brake
2 - Ground
3 - Side light
4 - Fog
5 - Indicator
6 - Reverse

pin assignment is the same on both sides (courtesy of @Adams)

brake = black/red
reverse = green/black
side light = grey/black-L & grey/red-R
fog = grey/white
indicator = black/white-L & black/green-R

Brake comes on as reverse light, side light does not work. I tripple checked wiring...

Offside light thats the issue. Nearside is fine.

20200209_140212.jpg

20200209_140850.jpg

Sorry i cant help anymore as dont have that to look at on my van, i was just combining the wire colours/functions that i know with the list @Adams posted

If its the same as LED plugs then they reverse from side to side like a mirror image so 1 becomes 6 and 2 becomes 5 etc

It is strange that nearside is perfect! I will get multimeter tomorrow and work it out. Thanks for your help anyway.

Anyone got the number and colour sequence for the lights.. Barn doors non led type.. I'v followed on post but having issues..

IMG_20200302_165745.jpg

Hi all...New to the forum. My dad has a 5.1 which I have changed the pins to accept rear T6 lights for him but he wants to now move on to the T6.1 rear lights. Does anyone have a picture they can add or send me that shows the actual plug LH & RH to show which pins locate and where.

heres my go at it . . . with the pin assignment sheet.

T6 to T6.1 Barn Doors upgrade

but i think @Loz tailgate clusters look way cooler.

Hi just fitted these lights to my t5.1. But when i press brake pedal i get the bulb out logo on dash. Do i need the vagcom to get remove? I used my own scanner and found code, so i cleared it. But soon as restart van and press pedal its back on dash but scanner carnt find fault now after 1st reset??? Any help would be appreciated

Hi just fitted these lights to my t5.1. But when i press brake pedal i get the bulb out logo on dash. Do i need the vagcom to get remove? I used my own scanner and found code, so i cleared it. But soon as restart van and press pedal its back on dash but scanner carnt find fault now after 1st reset??? Any help would be appreciated
You’ll need to disable bulb monitoring on the brake lights and side lights with VCDS and fit resistors to the indicators to prevent hyperflash

You’ll need to disable bulb monitoring on the brake lights and side lights with VCDS and fit resistors to the indicators to prevent hyperflash
Hi thanks for reply, thought it would have to be changed through VCDS. Just ordered the hex v2 lead to sort it out. I have a bunch of obd11 leads but none will work with the software. Thanks again

Did my rear upgrade this weekend (again thanks to the info in the forum). As it seems the pin colours can vary somewhat depending on what you are going from to (standard bulb to LED or LED to LED or tailgate vs barn doors etc etc) I thought I’d share my pin transfer in case it is of any use to anyone.

My starting position was non LED going to 6.1 LED on a MY19 tailgate van so may vary for other models.

Top diagram is the 6.1 LED circuit and bottom is the transposition (I ran additional 2 core so now have fog and reverse on both sides and impressed with how bright they are).

E75F1DAC-01AA-4393-B14C-9132E4AC72E5.jpeg

Just fitted the new T6.1 rear lights, these are the barn door version and unfortunately not available in LED but still look cool.

fit is a direct swap, just requires a few pin changes

View attachment 57277
Hi Adam I just brought the same lights have you the pin configuration that you used as I carnt seem to get them to work correctly any info much appreciated.
cheers Phil.

Want to go from my halogen rears to the T6.1 led rears, tailgate version. I know I will need the resistors for the indicators and coding for the bulb out.

Do I need different plugs to re-pin and fit to the loom or are they the same? If not I can just order the lights alone.

Want to go from my halogen rears to the T6.1 led rears, tailgate version. I know I will need the resistors for the indicators and coding for the bulb out.

Do I need different plugs to re-pin and fit to the loom or are they the same? If not I can just order the lights alone.

Yes you will need to change the plugs and re-pin as they are different. There is another light swap thread on here that lists the part numbers required.

See the start of this thread https://www.t6forum.com/threads/changing-to-led-rear-lights-pinout.8722/

Reactions: Rg_
Just fitted the new T6.1 rear lights, these are the barn door version and unfortunately not available in LED but still look cool.

fit is a direct swap, just requires a few pin changes

View attachment 57277
Hi,

You sound like yo know your lights. I have fitted a T6 tailgate to my 2005 Caravelle/Shuttle. I need to at least put T6 (or T6.1) lamps on the back. Do you know the Part Numbers for these? I am thinking they are 7E5945095C /096C. Did you get them from VW or TPS? Sorry to sound so needy but they do look cool and I probably can't afford them.

Back